Control freaks

Its amazing how often people don't communicate just try talking to her voice your concerns if that doesn't work. And you have a boss that is good at managing people then have a talk to them, its a waste of time and can make it worse for you if they aren't though.

If either of those things don't don't work don't put up with it and make her life hard.

? Why do people need to be control freaks?? This woman is driving me crazy!!!! Enough to make me consider leaving my job. Arrrgh!

Sounds like this person has the management skills and judgements and modern social graces of a doorknob,just ask if she would like you to put her profile up on one of those dating sites maybe they are missing a part of their life..

It kind of escalated today.

I got in early and sent her an email (in retrospect maybe not the best idea). I didnt think the email was that bad - essentially told her that she needed to let go a bit and trust people to do their job.

She took offence (told me in an email). So I replied and laid out all the reasons she was driving me crazy.

She has now stopped talking to me and barely said a word all day. So a solution of sorts...

All this while sitting right next to each other without actually saying a word.

I hope it doesn't escalate to Jelly.... no one needs to see that :rolleyes:

While it may be a solution to your problem, it could also cause a problem. You've said something in writing and so your nemesis may now have a weapon.

Out of all of the communication methods and techniques available to resolve a dispute, surely email would have to be the most toxic and problematic.

Bad move.

Hi Nemo,

Take a breather every time she times to annoy you, tell yourself you need to be better than her. Email, is not the best way to resolve things. Escalate to your manager. To come across as not whinging, you have to be prepared. Back up every point you have which you feel affects your productivity in the workplace.

I had a team lead once who came around every 2 hours asking for an update. On the 2nd day he did that, I initially avoided him. Day after, I said, "coming around every 2 hours is not going to make me work faster, let me be, and in due time, I will go to you and provide an update.". He backed off.

Lastly, can't remember the exact expression but it goes like, "things that happen in life, 90% is about how we react to it".

Good luck. :cool:

Hi Nemo,

Take a breather every time she times to annoy you, tell yourself you need to be better than her. Email, is not the best way to resolve things. Escalate to your manager. To come across as not whinging, you have to be prepared. Back up every point you have which you feel affects your productivity in the workplace.

I had a team lead once who came around every 2 hours asking for an update. On the 2nd day he did that, I initially avoided him. Day after, I said, "coming around every 2 hours is not going to make me work faster, let me be, and in due time, I will go to you and provide an update.". He backed off.

Lastly, can't remember the exact expression but it goes like, "things that happen in life, 90% is about how we react to it".

Good luck. :cool:

I think the keyword in all of that was "he". Nemo is dealing with a less logical creature

OP:

I don't get it. You came as asking for advice, you got heaps, some extremely good tips (one's i will take too), some not so good and some humorous.

You ignored all those and sent an email.

In future don't commit to writing your grievance with a colleague. As someone else has said you now have given her ammunition if she want to use it.

If it were me I'd go back to trying to talk it out with her. You don;t have to like her, just be able to find a way to work together. You are surely going to come up against someone worse than her in the future...

Maybe we could add a lot of jelly, and a little less attire?

:D

pinkboy

If it's mano a mano, hand to hand, it would be an arm wrestle. Jelly wouldn't be good thing.

One male forum member has boasted about winning an arm wrestle against a lady. Perhaps he could act as Nemo's champion.

Things were much better today. We are talking again and both making a big effort to not interfere with each other's work. A huge improvement - will be interesting to see how long it lasts.

She is a nice person, I dont dislike her on a personal level. She was just driving me crazy.

Doesn't help that this week and next week are the most stressful of the year work wise. This probably contributed to the implosion this week.

Jelly can be put on hold.

I got in early and sent her an email (in retrospect maybe not the best idea). I didnt think the email was that bad - essentially told her that she needed to let go a bit and trust people to do their job.

She took offence (told me in an email). So I replied and laid out all the reasons she was driving me crazy.

Congratulations, by writing it all down, you've given her ammo to snitch on you any time she wants. Honestly, I'm so glad I don't work around women anymore. With blokes, if there's a problem, you just sort it out and move on, none of this passive aggressive, harrassment/bullying policy, tiptoeing around peoples' feeeeeelings nonsense. Just get on with the job.

With blokes, if there's a problem, you just sort it out and move on, none of this passive aggressive, harrassment/bullying policy, tiptoeing around peoples' feeeeeelings nonsense. Just get on with the job.

Amen to that. I much prefer to work with blokes.

I've come in late to this but it appears to me that this woman doesn't have enough work to do. If she did she wouldn't be emailing your stakeholders. I have another question, you say there are 5 in the team all at the same grade. Does she carry on like this with the others or is it just you?

Back