cost of maintaining a Ferrari?

Peter Spann said:
Well, I AM in the process of renegotiating my contract as CEO of Freeman Fox... Maybe there IS an opportunity for a career change. Wadda ya pay? :D
Peanuts.

But you would be looking better and feeling better in a few months :D

Originally Posted by geoffw
(btw if you want to keep losing weight, I could suggest a job in a Subway store!)

And I can suggest painting a 4bdr Queenslander - I went down two belt notches in about 4 weeks (repainting in late Jan/early Feb 05). Ceilings were particularly good for this, as the place has no insulation in the roof :D

Sheesh, I'm glad I'm (temporarily) back in the IT fold - I was finding semi-retirement to be quite hard work !!!!!

Regards,

Truly amazing story Peter. As were your prior ones too. Keep them coming.

The Subway job will probably pay about 9 bucks an hour. That's more than you get as CEO, right? :)

dtraeger2k said:
The Subway job will probably pay about 9 bucks an hour. That's more than you get as CEO, right? :)
For a senior, about $17ph. As long as he performs the job well :D

I figure, with the hours I'm doing just now, I'm getting less than $10ph :(

Hey Peter...
What are your thoughts on the Enzo FXX? 800bhp... perhaps your next purchase? Better get in quick though, they're only making 20 :eek:

ArJay:)

Attachments

• EnzoFXX.jpg
    EnzoFXX.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 88
Not this time

ArJay said:
What are your thoughts on the Enzo FXX? 800bhp... perhaps your next purchase? Better get in quick though, they're only making 20 :eek:

Not for me really.
I am a Ferrari dirver - not a collector - I love the small Ferrari 360, soon to be 430 and am very happy with that.
I had a collector Ferrari but becuase they are so "priceless" you relationship with them changes.
I like the fact that I love my car enough to look after it but I am not afradi of driving it.
Maybe it's a psychological upgrade I need but I would think one of 20 would be too precious for me to really drive.

355 or 360?

Peter Spann said:
I am a Ferrari dirver - not a collector - I love the small Ferrari 360, soon to be 430 and am very happy with that.
I had a collector Ferrari but becuase they are so "priceless" you relationship with them changes.
I like the fact that I love my car enough to look after it but I am not afradi of driving it.
Maybe it's a psychological upgrade I need but I would think one of 20 would be too precious for me to really drive.

Hmmm...good point. I'm getting images of Cameron's anal Dad (re: Ferris Bueller) and look how things end on that one!!

On the topic, any idea of when you're taking delivery of the 430? You could sell it on and make a tidy profit I'm sure. Ever crossed your mind or is that blasphemy in Ferrari enthusiast speak.

Hey also while we've got you here... in your opinion as a long term driver, what was better; the 355 or the Moderna? The 355 has always be touted as one of the best driving cars ever produced, do you miss your old one?

Cheers..
ArJay:)

Hey furthermore.... anyone catch the US GP last night from Indianapolis...what a farce!!!!!!

Too much bureaucracy in the sport now....FIA need to get their *#$% together.

ArJay :)

No so easy question to answer

ArJay said:
On the topic, any idea of when you're taking delivery of the 430? You could sell it on and make a tidy profit I'm sure. Ever crossed your mind or is that blasphemy in Ferrari enthusiast speak.

Money is money kiddo! In fact I have done that a number of times with a number of cars - not just Ferraris, but at the moment, contrary to popular opinion, supply is keeping up with demand so if you really want a new one a dealer can get it to you so the strategy is not viable at the moment, but in the past, and with those of us well connected a $5,000 deposit secures the car and it was possible to make up to $50,000 per car. Just like buying property "off the plan" really.

My 430 was supposed to be here in September but there has been a big fracas in the dealer group so we don't know at the moment whether my order will stand or not.

ArJay said:
In your opinion as a long term driver, what was better; the 355 or the Moderna? The 355 has always be touted as one of the best driving cars ever produced, do you miss your old one?

The F355 was a beautiful car - my absolute favourite - perfectly balanced (the 360 tends to throw the rear end out a bit - more fun but you need your whits about you 100% of the time when pushing it) and a real masculine design.

On the other hand my 360 with the Ventilated Ceramic brakes stops on a dime and the traction control (NEVER turn it off!) is MUSCH better. The 430 apparently is the perfect blend between the 355 and the 360 - so I am very much looking forward to it.

BTW – it’s Modena – not Moderma – that’s like Australian’s pronouncing Monaco MonARco.

Absolute joke

ArJay said:
Hey furthermore.... anyone catch the US GP last night from Indianapolis...what a farce!!!!!!

Too much bureaucracy in the sport now....FIA need to get their *#$% together.

ArJay :)

It's almost like they WANT the other teams to bug off in 2008 - it was a joke.
Having said that I am amazed how much tires contribute to racing.
As you all know I went around the track for a few years in a fore runner to GTP and I was uncompetitive until I changed tires and then was always in the top 10 - amazing difference.
F1 either need to:
1. Introduce a control tire - everybody on the same.
2. Allow them to change tires again in the middle of the race.

Aceyducey said:
Dare 2 Dream,

It was advertised in the forum several weeks beforehand.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Yeah i just checked and im kicking myself for it now!
The Irish club is my old work (i was a barman all last year) and its only 4 minutes from my house, Im feeling soooo stupid now for missing it, I would have liked to have met Peter as well, to talk to him about a work related matter.
damn damn damn!

Dare 2 Dream said:
The Irish club is my old work (i was a barman all last year) and its only 4 minutes from my house
Then you missed a lot more chances to say hello- Friday lunches were quite regular there for a while.

Snob. You didn't even say hello to me :D

Peter Spann said:
It's almost like they WANT the other teams to bug off in 2008 - it was a joke.
Having said that I am amazed how much tires contribute to racing.
As you all know I went around the track for a few years in a fore runner to GTP and I was uncompetitive until I changed tires and then was always in the top 10 - amazing difference.
F1 either need to:
1. Introduce a control tire - everybody on the same.
2. Allow them to change tires again in the middle of the race.

Or, introduce a control car, as the sheik has done, and you have an even greater level playing field.

Back