• 51 - 100 IP's

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 101 - 200 IP's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200+ IP's - I wrote a book!!

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
. . .simply because many of the forumites are above average in their goals than & more educated (in IP matters) than the average Joe on the street.

Excellent CRC, the above comment sounds a little elitist, although I don't think it was intended that way.

It could seem that there are more multiple property owners on this site because they would be more out-spoken and in a position to give advice more frequently. Who knows.

I love the fascination for comparisons here...the more experienced know its all meaningless.

I suppose it stems back to the "mines bigger than yours" old school yard mindset :rolleyes:

Gives people the emotional feeling of warmth and fuzziness.

Unfortunately with business/investment that will set one up for failure, real fast!

I love the fascination for comparisons here...the more experienced know its all meaningless.

I suppose it stems back to the "mines bigger than yours" old school yard mindset :rolleyes:

Gives people the emotional feeling of warmth and fuzziness.

Unfortunately with business/investment that will set one up for failure, real fast!

nothing to do with 'mine is bigger than yours' its interesting to see where most people on this forum are at. 1/4 of the users here actually only have 1 IP. Then a even spread of people having 2-5 IP's before the numbers drop off.

So its interesting to know that most people here on this forum would not have more than 5 IP's.

nothing to do with 'mine is bigger than yours' its interesting to see where most people on this forum are at. 1/4 of the users here actually only have 1 IP. Then a even spread of people having 2-5 IP's before the numbers drop off.

So its interesting to know that most people here on this forum would not have more than 5 IP's.

Agreed!
"In 1993, three-quarters of a million people were investors in residential rental property. 78% of these people invested in only one rental property." ABS

I believe about 10/15 years ago it was only about 1.3% of those investors had more than 6 -7 properties.
Jo

nothing to do with 'mine is bigger than yours' its interesting to see where most people on this forum are at.

Yeah its 40/40 club mentality. (ppl who work 40 hrs p/w for 40 years of their life only to retire with hopefully their ppor paid off and a small portion of super thats not going to last them anywhere as long as they thought it was going to, only to fall back onto the welfare system,

Yeah the numbers really drop.....Ive seen stats that show it being less than 0.5%

Yeah its 40/40 club mentality. (ppl who work 40 hrs p/w for 40 years of their life only to retire with hopefully their ppor paid off and a small portion of super thats not going to last them anywhere as long as they thought it was going to, only to fall back onto the welfare system,

I guess thats why most of us are here - trying to avoid the 40/40 club:)

Oh I don't know Skater......the single IP owners are adding up.........
depends how you look at it I suppose.

Yes, there are a lot of single IP owners. ATM just under 22% according to this poll. Compare that to 95% (from memory that is the current percentage)having single IP's over all IP owners.

I guess the other element I may consider here is that IP numbers will fluctuate when you buy/sell. For example, I am back to 3 IPs, but in a much better financial situation then when I was at 5...:cool:

NOTE: People click 200+ because they can.

One for Dazz.

For the benefit of Dazz. (..and the other commercial blokes) I think we should have a poll that asks "total number of lettable square metres."

Having seen photo's of some of his sheds;) ...I think he'd be "numero uno". When you start to measure your sheds in acres ..... phew !

LL

I would be interested in hearing from those that have less than 10 and why.

1 You wouldn't want to manage that many?

2 When you said "3" you meant two shopping centres and a block of apartments

3 You have run out of servicability / equity to buy more

4 You are just beginning the journey

5 You would rather diversify into other assets

6 You just aren't that motivated.

7 More than 10 is just too scary!

8 Other?

I would be interested in hearing from those that have less than 10 and why.

1 You wouldn't want to manage that many? CORRECT

2 When you said "3" you meant two shopping centres and a block of apartments NO EACH TITLE YOU OWN IN RESIDENTIAL IP

3 You have run out of servicability / equity to buy more MOSTLY YES

4 You are just beginning the journey NOT NECESSARY - I'M A INVESTOR SINCE LATE 1990'S

5 You would rather diversify into other assets - PERSONALLY I THINK THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT. OLD JEWISH PROVERB - 1/3 INTO BUSINESS 1/3 INTO PROPERTY 1/3 IN CASH

6 You just aren't that motivated. I'M VERY MOTIVATED, AND IF I COULD, I WOULD, BUT THE NUMBERS WOULD HAVE TO ADD UP

7 More than 10 is just too scary! NOPE, YOU JUST PAY A PROPERTY MANAGER

8 Other?
NAH NOTHING ELSE.

Back