• 51 - 100 IP's

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • 101 - 200 IP's

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 200+ IP's - I wrote a book!!

Votes: 5 2.4%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
If the agent is both the selling agent and the listing agent, he/she will receive around 75% of the commission; the rest goes to the Agency.
If there is a different agent who sells the property to the listing agent, then they split the 75% commission.

Don't know where you got this statistic from, but across Australia it's around 35-50% of total commission for a beginner to above-average salesperson - the agency makes 50% or more normally; unless of course you're like Judy Goodger in Brisbane RW who I suspect would make around 80% commission.

Ouch! So far I've got one great PM, with all of the properties.

Go Anna:
One ip does not have to equal one PM of course.

We have 2 PMs for 24 ips (others self managed)

I've thought about this but are all your properties in one area?

Mine are spread between Qld and NSW.
Even in one state, I don't see how for eg. My Beenleigh Property Mananger can drive for 50mins to Scarborough, north of Brisbane to show people through, or advertise for an area so far away. In Scarborough they tell me most of the tenants walk in off the street so forget the internet.

I do have three properties in the Gold Coast area, but am still hesitant to put them under one PM? I guess they are only about 5-10 k's apart?

Josko, mine are all in Brisbane so far. Once I buy in Sydney and Melbourne, I will get a PM in each of those cities, for a total of 3 PMs... that should keep me going until I've got at least 20x3=60 properties (houses/units).

Don't know where you got this statistic from, but across Australia it's around 35-50% of total commission for a beginner to above-average salesperson - the agency makes 50% or more normally; unless of course you're like Judy Goodger in Brisbane RW who I suspect would make around 80% commission.

Could be right.

I did say around 75%, so it was a ball-park statement.

I was trying to remember from memory what I was on when I worked as an agent. Maybe my Principal was more generous than most?

The point is; they get paid far less than their appearances convey, and I wouldn't do that job again.

Methinks there are a few who have exaggerated their number of IP's. We now have 5 with over 200.:rolleyes:

I'm surprised Skater. You have recently criticised/argued with someone recently over their limited beliefs (5 propeties in 10 yrs not realistic or something like that), then suggest its not possible/realistic for 5 here to have over 200! If someone has been collecting properties for 40 yrs, and you add growth and compounding, things add up real quick.....

Sure, I recognise this is the internet, and anybody can click any of the options. I wouldn't be surprise if some have selected inappropriately, for whatever reason, but I also wouldn't be surprised if it is correct. The other related poll (net worth) even got a seemingly plausible response from someone in the top bracket who hasn't got many posts here - they might well be in the top bracket in this poll too for all you or I know.....

I'm not going to roll my eyes at the possibility of it being correct!

I'm surprised Skater. You have recently criticised/argued with someone recently over their limited beliefs (5 propeties in 10 yrs not realistic or something like that), then suggest its not possible/realistic for 5 here to have over 200! If someone has been collecting properties for 40 yrs, and you add growth and compounding, things add up real quick.....

There is, of course, the possibility of it being correct, however being around here for many years, I know most of the other long time members. OK, maybe not their entire situation, but you get a general grasp of where they sit. You know roughly who is experienced, who isn't & who is sitting in the middle. For instance, I know that Dazzling has commercial properties, not a lot, but each one is worth much more than many of the forumites entire portfolio's. I know that Brenda bought a heap, sold a heap & has now both shares & property. I know that Thommo/Sunfish is into shares in a big way. I know that Lizzie has probably a similar amount to me, I know that Handyandy & Karina have many, etc. So, not their exact number of properties, but a rough guide.

Bearing this in mind, even though there are many that have a healthy net worth, I believe there would be less than 5 with 200+ properties.

So you can't count one motel as 4 houses....

Definitely not. If you read the title deed carefully, it clearly says to acquire a hotel on the site, you need to ;

1. Have 4 houses already on the lot
2. Pay an extra cash amount equal to another house
3. Put the four green houses back to the Bank

...so, one Hotel equals 5 houses.

I had a ding-dong with Kristine over this technicality about 18 months ago. She eventually agreed with me....after much resistance. :D

Yeah but I don't think numbers are the only important thing, it could also depend if you are playing on Old Kent Road or Mayfair.

Definitely not. If you read the title deed carefully, it clearly says to acquire a hotel on the site, you need to ;

1. Have 4 houses already on the lot
2. Pay an extra cash amount equal to another house
3. Put the four green houses back to the Bank

...so, one Hotel equals 5 houses.

I had a ding-dong with Kristine over this technicality about 18 months ago. She eventually agreed with me....after much resistance. :D

You won't get any argument from me Daz. I was just too lazy to look up the exact conversion and its been waaaay too long since I played :(

Yep, why play the game when we are playing the 'real thing'!!!!

Damn straight !!!

Although.....over the years I've come to feel sorry for the much maligned electric company, water works and railroads.

On the board they aren't worth diddly, especially later on when the hotels come into play.....in real life they are worth 100 Mayfair's each....anyone ever looked at buying an electric company, water works or railroad as an IP......but I digress. :)

Attention Moderators!

Attention Moderators, is there a way of finding out which people voted for what; as I remember not that long ago that either the thread author was able to view it (which Sash said they couldn't), or the general forumites? Be good to know so that others could learn from these experts who have accumulated more than 20-30 IPs, etc.

Attention Moderators, is there a way of finding out which people voted for what; as I remember not that long ago that either the thread author was able to view it (which Sash said they couldn't), or the general forumites? Be good to know so that others could learn from these experts who have accumulated more than 20-30 IPs, etc.

Maybe less people would vote if we "outed" them. I think if the voting is not public then its reasonable that people expect thaie anonymity to be respected.

Back