Ideas for Guests for future SIG Meetings wanted !!

A "Cashflow" night is worth a thought too. People get to talk a lot around the table during the game (when it's not their turn, of course :p ) So very social, enjoyable, and somewhat educational too.

I have one game ....

Regards,

A "Cashflow" night is worth a thought too. People get to talk a lot around the table during the game (when it's not their turn, of course :p ) So very social, enjoyable, and somewhat educational too.

I have one game ....

Regards,

I was thinking that would be a good idea too.

Hi Guys,
Its been 2 years since I took over from Peter 147 and started organising the SIG Meetings.

In those 2 years , we have had a lot of guests that have given their time free (and graciously as well) - but I am finding it increasingly difficult to attract people to guest speak (and for free).

List of people we have had in last 2 years include :
Michael Yardney
Ed Chan and Tony Melvin
Peter Koulizos
The Reno Kings
Graham Wolfe
Phillip Anderson
Gary Rothwell
Dale GG

Also well know forumites such as Rolf , Depreciator , Simon and Julie , Grossreal and the Panel events (such as this coming one) - with a very big thanks to those forumites that have stepped up the front and answered those questions :D

So I am looking for :

1/ Ideas of people we could ask to guest speak. Interstate forumites , if you have suggestions please also advise me !!

Please note - I have tried these people but have had no luck getting them to either reply to me or find the time to come....

Bill Zheng
Bernard Salt
John Fitzgerald
John Edwards
Margaret Lomas
Rod Cornish

2/ Whether it would be worthwhile charging people who attend the meeetings - and thus be able to pay for guest speakers (and perhaps be able to attract more high profile people?). Difficult to say what the charge would be - maybe $10 if we had 50 people attend - I think $500 may get us someone like a John Edwards ??

I am also considering setting up a committee also (especially if we do start charging) , as I find that I rarely have the time these days to do this anymore .
Anyone who is keen to help , please talk to me on Monday night.

David

Hi Perky,

Thank you for taking the time to organise all these for us. Great effort!

What about inviting Chris Batten for a SIG? http://www.chrisbatten.com.au/

Thanks,
James.

Back