Most annoying Americanisms that Aussies simply must follow

We hear them all the time, and for some stupid reason a large proportion of Aussies think it's cool and hip to copy the Americans in every way...having lived there; much of it is K-rap.

How about come up with our own identity and way of life?

Here are my personal all-time hates;

1. My bad
2. 24/7
3. You know what...
4. Anything to do with Gangbanger/rap fashion and dialogue.."Yo; waddup?", etc
5. "Bro's and Ho's" music videos
6. Git outta here
7. Oh, My God!
8. Saying "I love you" to complete strangers and very recently met people - especially in front of large audiences.
9. Dat's what I'm talkin' 'bout

I was like <this> and like <something> happened. .and like i <said something> then like <something else> happened. ..like...like....like

We have our own already.

I love youse all.
Dont give me the ****s.
Im p1ssed (drunk)
**** orrf !
Give us a cuddle love.
G'day, ow ya garn ?

Although this is a marketing one- anything beginning with Mc. McOz- sheesh!

Except McCrap. The best product description anywhere.

First world problems. As in, this thread is full of them.

People whinging about nothing. Is that an Americanism?

Nah, that's just people with too much time on their hands with access to an internet connection + posting privileges on a forum.

first world problems. As in, this thread is full of them.

People whinging about nothing. Is that an americanism?

Nah, that's just people with too much time on their hands with access to an internet connection + posting privileges on a forum.

23vkc4o.jpg

First world problems. As in, this thread is full of them.

People whinging about nothing. Is that an Americanism?

People whinging about nothing - that's the human race. ;)

Work at golf clubs for 30 years like I did and see what most folks conversations revert to. :rolleyes::eek::D...the oldies whinge about the kids, the women whinge about the men, the men whinge about the women and the kids and the greenfee players, they all whinge about the useless office and groundstaff (and no doubt the proshop staff behind my back) and so on.

Back