Viewing Real estate on Google Maps and Google Earth

I wouldn't say its an end of Development, as there are still some things I want to do with the site. Plus I still need to find my first house, so until that happens the site will continue to grow.

I can see what happened with that listing. I think I need to add a "Report error" link.

Thanks for pointing it out though. Its the feedback which helps me make more improvements to the site.

Phezz,
what are the chances of you adding www.reiwa.com.au to the list of real estate sites you search - because for WA reiwa is the dominant website?
cheers
paulie

I will "investigate", its much easier if the site covers all of Australia, but if I can find a way, and some free time pop's up I will add it.

Hey phezz,

what would it cost for me to advertise on your site?

Or even better, what would it cost to create a new site for me, with my ugly mug, name and number all over it, with all of your google'd workings????

This site is just mint, I can't describe how good it has been for me to win listings and at the right prices!!! I have been showing potential sellars screen captures of their suburbs with the competiting for sale properties, coupled with the usual photo bank and for sale blurb.

it's a gold mine.

paulie

Yes Phezz....Paulie has me thinking about how you can make money out of this.

Your unique market advantage is that you are doing what rea.com and others won't do, and that is combine listings from various listing sites, for the time and energy convenience of buyers.

If buyers are the ones that are going to be flooding to use your site, then maybe you could be promoting it to businesses whom buyers are also clients....i.e. banks, brokers....

However, I wonder how you might go about protecting your concept before promoting commercially. Seems the big boys wouldn't appreciate having their primary target audience zipped off to a derivative site that uses their databases....

Whatever happens, your concept is going to help re and rental demand and supply balance out beautifully.......the quicker sales and rentals figures are provided to the general public in a quickly absorbable format, the more efficient the free market will be....

The site is fantastic, congrats.

Only problem I notice is in a check of a built up area like Darlinghurst NSW where the "tear drops" overlap it is hard to get the below one up. Maybe the tear drops could be a little smaller?

Hi Phezz, love your work. I'm having a wee problem with it tho for Machans Beach, Qld.

1. RE.com show 19 properties for sale. Your prog shows only 6.

2. The northern most property on your map, says it's $50K, when that is only the value of the improvements to that property...I know, cos I visited it in person. I think your prog must be picking up a stray number within the text. See

http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2006003962

3. You map shows 6 blue bubbles with only 4 prices. I'm assuming that means the RE.com site has not listed a price for the property?

Still love your work.

i'll change those options you mentioned tonight.

Likin this muchly.
i'm just not keen to use google earth at work.. it'd chew through my bandwidth too quickly.. if it worked at all

1. RE.com show 19 properties for sale. Your prog shows only 6.
My site only picks up properties with found addresses. So if they don't list it, or i couldn't find it, I am unable to display them.
2. The northern most property on your map, says it's $50K, when that is only the value of the improvements to that property...I know, cos I visited it in person. I think your prog must be picking up a stray number within the text. See http://www.domain.com.au/Public/PropertyDetails.aspx?adid=2006003962
The listing didn't include a price, but they listed "Approximately $50,000 of improvements." thats where I picked the price up. Not too sure how to fix this problem at the moment.
3. You map shows 6 blue bubbles with only 4 prices. I'm assuming that means the RE.com site has not listed a price for the property?
Yeah, chances are there was no listed price.
Still love your work.

Maybe its just me.. but this afternoon suburbview.com is ONLY showing Rental properties.. no properties For Sale :(

Something fell over this morning, the results are currently been updated as we speak. So please give it some time. My host isn't helping at all :(

Hey Phezz, we don't know much about you.
What's your story? Have you done any other software dev't?
Are you into property yourself?
Gen X,Y,Z?

I am finding myself using your website more and more as well.
What are you plans for the site?

I am a software developer by trade. And this site I developed in my spare time to use whilst I look for my first property.

I think I am classified as a Gen X (28y). After reading "Your Mortgage and how to pay it off in 5 years" has got me saving hard for my first property, but then after reading Jan's Books and this site, I want to get into property investment..

At this stage I should have my first house around the end of the year. I think it would be great if my site is responsible for finding that. I will be sure to post about it when it happens.

I plan to keep running the site long term, as it helps to show people what I am capable of. So far cost of running it is nothing, but it is sure taking up a lot of my spare time working on it.

I had some dramas whilst showing a friend today as well..I can see the site being my new best friend, the Hybrid Maps as a great tool as you sometimes get lost on satelite alone.

In WA it linked to Homehound and Realestate.com.au on most of my searches, if it can link to REIWA (WA) as welland maybe other REIA sites that may give more of a pool?

Thanks Again Phezz

Phezz, that is a terrific site! My only issue is that it does not work in safari. I can select the state but I can't get into the suburb text field to type the suburb (if that makes sense).It does however work in firefox (in OS X)

Phezz, that is a terrific site! My only issue is that it does not work in safari. I can select the state but I can't get into the suburb text field to type the suburb (if that makes sense).It does however work in firefox (in OS X)

Thanks, I will look into it, but I don't have access to a Mac. My friend does so I can get him to do some testing.

Can you like reverse tab there, like on the pc if I select the state, i can press "Shift + tab" and it will move back into the previous text field. I am sure there should be an equlivent to do that on the mac.

Does Safari work for the suburb links I have on the left side?

Thanks, I will look into it, but I don't have access to a Mac. My friend does so I can get him to do some testing.

Can you like reverse tab there, like on the pc if I select the state, i can press "Shift + tab" and it will move back into the previous text field. I am sure there should be an equlivent to do that on the mac.

Does Safari work for the suburb links I have on the left side?

Hey, that does work :) Yes the links on the side and dowwn the bottom all work. Only thing that doesn't is directly clicking on the suburb text box.

Back