1 Bedroom apartments, how hard to arrange finance for?

Looking at getting a positively geared 1 bedroom apartment and firstly want to see how the numbers stack up.

Im aware that some lenders wont lend for apartments <50sqm. How hard is it to get a 90% loan on a 1 bd in Perth?

I could afford the P&I repayments outright, but this would be rented straight away.

Hi Iron

Much depends on the actual property, is it high rise, innercity CBD etc, furnished etc

In general, its possible, probably down to 40sqm

ta

rolf

some lenders make it easy by releasing the address of projects and approved LVRs. What is the address of the building you are looking at? as hematite mentioned we would need some more details.

Hi Iron

Much depends on the actual property, is it high rise, innercity CBD etc, furnished etc

In general, its possible, probably down to 40sqm

ta

rolf

Thanks Rolf. That is right, I spoke with BW and they dont like city apartments. Or less than 50sqm. It would be on the West Coast in Mosman Park.

some lenders make it easy by releasing the address of projects and approved LVRs. What is the address of the building you are looking at? as hematite mentioned we would need some more details.
Ah that's handy. Im looking in the Mosman Park area at a few apartments. It's more of a scoping thing at the moment as I am just finalising purchasing another property.

Thanks Rolf. That is right, I spoke with BW and they dont like city apartments. Or less than 50sqm. It would be on the West Coast in Mosman Park.

BWA are NO GOOD for higher density stuff in any case, QBE their LMI provider are even worse.

You will be able to get it away via a broker I reckon

t
rolf

Finance aside is there a reason why you are buying a 1 bedder and more importantly a unit of that size? There is a reason most lenders either don't touch the security or have restrictions in place - it is a high risk IP. Have you considered going a little further out and grabbing a decent sized 2 bedder?

Finance aside is there a reason why you are buying a 1 bedder and more importantly a unit of that size? There is a reason most lenders either don't touch the security or have restrictions in place - it is a high risk IP. Have you considered going a little further out and grabbing a decent sized 2 bedder?

Thanks for the advice, I will take this into account and see what 2bd stock is around the area. Just scoping atm.

Back