10 yr view - Rowville and Doncaster stands apart

They've been banging on about a tram/rail line to Rowville for years and still 15-20yrs away +.Rowville definitely needs one,stud rd is bad enough now but with all the developing going on,it will become more of carpark.

The train/tram line will not eventuate in the next few decades.
I grew up in Rowville, and even when I was a little kid they were trying to get the government to extend the rail line, I remember my parents even signed a petition at the local Post Office, that was 30+ years ago.
I also remember the idea of a monorail type thing being floated around the place when I was a teenager, running from Glen Waverly Station to Rowville.
There was also the idea of a tram line down Wellington Road or the extension of the tram line to Knox City down the Burwood Hwy.
The area is already well established and with Stud Park Shopping Centre getting a major overhaul (with a large bus exchange area) in the next couple of years, the 'train line' will be the last thing on the agenda for the next 20+ years.

The train/tram line will not eventuate in the next few decades.
I grew up in Rowville, and even when I was a little kid they were trying to get the government to extend the rail line, I remember my parents even signed a petition at the local Post Office, that was 30+ years ago.
I also remember the idea of a monorail type thing being floated around the place when I was a teenager, running from Glen Waverly Station to Rowville.
There was also the idea of a tram line down Wellington Road or the extension of the tram line to Knox City down the Burwood Hwy.
The area is already well established and with Stud Park Shopping Centre getting a major overhaul (with a large bus exchange area) in the next couple of years, the 'train line' will be the last thing on the agenda for the next 20+ years.

I've never imagine about the "tram line".
I think the "rail way" should be good, because it will also connect Monash Univ. in Clayton (extension from Huntingdale -> Monash -> Mulgrave -> Waverley Park -> Rowville).
Hope this will happen.

The median in Doncaster has gone through the absolute roof in the last 7 years even without a train line. It is predominantly a double garage multiple car family place. There is excellent park and ride options, 10 minutes to Box Hill train and buses to city on freeway are quite fast and will be better if they sort out the hoddle street / victoria parade delays. While a trainline or tram will be a bonus its not the end or be all factor for the staggering growth which is still yet to come in the area. It's one of the few municipalities this close to city where full suburban infrastructure meets the wide country air and space of Warrandyte and surrounds. Plus it borders Balwyn which is Top5.

Train lines/stations cost BILLIONS to build. Its always going to take something big to make a political party commit to such projects. So I wouldn't hold my breath. Roads and busses are more likely short to medium term objectives.

i don't think any train to doncaster would be coming soon but i would say the influx of chinese to that area is huge.

it is also an area in the 90s that attracted a lot of hong kong chinese as well which resulted in the growth it has obtained today.

Doncaster has alot of big devos going on atm,no prob selling otp and despite the only public transport being buses atm???The arterials are pretty good.

Rowville,a mixed bag,lived there 10 yrs ago,i liked it BUT the changes are horrendous lately,sub-devos,stud road is crap as is but maybe a mythical tram/train line may appear?

Cg's for D over R anyday.

Cheers Spades.

Doncaster by a country mile. A looooooong country mile. So much more going for it and the demand for houses come from buyers that's aren't short on money.

Good area to develop as well.

Oscar

Punt road needs total dedicated bus lanes right into Lonsdale street or wherever the buses terminate. Then you will have a swift journey from Eastern freeway to city and often more pleasant than a severely overloaded train. Buses are comparable to trains if they don't get stuck in grid lock.

I've just bought back in to Rowville to bring my kids up there, it's a fantastic family friendly area with great schools and plenty of parks.

Agreed public transport isn't the best and I'm not expecting that to improve at all as I've resigned myself to driving to Glenny or FTG to catch a train in to work.

However, prices in Rowville have gone up substantially over the last 12 months as well as buyers are priced out of Glenny and Mt Waverley and are looking at Rowville as a next step or compromise etc.

Doncaster is a fantastic area as well but already too expensive, Rowville a lot more affordable obviously to most.

Back