$100k to invest in non property

No jaycee - just being realistic. $10k is not worth the hassle for any proper fund investor - everyone knows that.

How 'proper' can you get even with $100k anyway?

Plenty of innovative fresh out of uni ideas who just need a bit of cash boost to take off...service based online startups take about $50k injection for a real nice website, social media/guerilla campaign, few uni student employees and a small rental office for a few months

A mate of mine is running 3 businesses and going astoundingly well doing just this - difference is he gets to name himself CEO and takes all the credit lol

Plenty of innovative fresh out of uni ideas who just need a bit of cash boost to take off...service based online startups take about $50k injection for a real nice website, social media/guerilla campaign, few uni student employees and a small rental office for a few months

A mate of mine is running 3 businesses and going astoundingly well doing just this - difference is he gets to name himself CEO and takes all the credit lol

I doubt a fresh start-up would be spending part of $50k renting an office space...you haven't even made any money yet! Most likely a home office. Besides, you don't need 50k to spend on advertising or even on employees - that figure would be much lower than that.

Invest in art.

At least if the art market goes belly up you have something nice to hang on your walls.

I bought a Euan Macleod for a good price and it went up in value 10 times.

A Fred Williams I inherited is worth a good price now.

With the market the way it is at the moment bankers etc who are generally the target market are hiding away so there are some great prices out there at the moment. Both here and overseas.

What's your background in Luke? I'd be disinclined to fund the kinds of online startups that Newbieatlife is advocating unless you know the industry.

I've spent enough time in IT to know that a lot of these operations don't have a revenue strategy, and would want to make sure that there's enough technical talent onboard to actually build it out.

If you want to throw your money at a start-up then why not do one of your own? If you're taking all the financial risks, then you might as well take the bulk of any profits.

Invest in art.

At least if the art market goes belly up you have something nice to hang on your walls.

I bought a Euan Macleod for a good price and it went up in value 10 times.

A Fred Williams I inherited is worth a good price now.

With the market the way it is at the moment bankers etc who are generally the target market are hiding away so there are some great prices out there at the moment. Both here and overseas.

Not Bad Ideas here. High risk but high return and you do have control of when you sell.

Peter

another recommendation on bullion :p

property has had its run, time to switch? some seem to think so... perhaps there is a valid reason for this :D

Please no more mention of gold, I trade for a living and certainly wouldnt be a buyer of gold right now. i am in fact bearish on gold and definately not interested in it.
The mere fact that the minnows are spruking about gold on property forums is reason enough to avoid it in my opinion, like the old saying when tax drivers are giving stock tips it time to sell.
Gold topped out 6 monthts back...going down.

Please no more mention of gold, I trade for a living and certainly wouldnt be a buyer of gold right now. i am in fact bearish on gold and definately not interested in it.
The mere fact that the minnows are spruking about gold on property forums is reason enough to avoid it in my opinion, like the old saying when tax drivers are giving stock tips it time to sell.

Minnows, dictionary >a person or thing that is comparatively small or insignificant !

don't be so sure! but fair enough :)

Reading Luke's OP there are a rash of subordinated notes being issued ATM.

AGL's offer is at least 8.2% and they are certainly safer than Tabcorp and, in my mind, the banks.

Safe, long term, good cash flow. What you asked for. I'm buying some.

Back