101 ways to annoy people on sommersoft.

Not sure what number we are up to but here are a couple of mine

- Posting questions like. Where is the best place to buy a house for under 200k in ( Enter state here) that has huge growth and excellant returns
- Replying with quote and including the whole comment only for someone to say i agree
- One hit wonders, those that start a subject and never continue the thread when others contribute time

Jezza

OH and one not actually on the site but when I am on SS and the missus wants to look up facespace or something

Not sure what number we are up to but here are a couple of mine

- Posting questions like. Where is the best place to buy a house for under 200k in ( Enter state here) that has huge growth and excellant returns
- Replying with quote and including the whole comment only for someone to say i agree
- One hit wonders, those that start a subject and never continue the thread when others contribute time

Jezza

OH and one not actually on the site but when I am on SS and the missus wants to look up facespace or something

I agree ;)

BayView said:
Didn't you know; someone 1,000 years ago decided it's unlucky, and the sheep believed them.

So now we can't mention it.

I've even seen 12, 12A then 14 on house numbers for god's sake.
Maybe because 13 was on the other side of the street??
Yeah, I thought the same thing! 12A is likely to be because 12 got subdivided, but if you saw 11, 11A, then 15, THEN it'd be likely due to a superstition about 13. ;)

Yeah, I thought the same thing! 12A is likely to be because 12 got subdivided, but if you saw 11, 11A, then 15, THEN it'd be likely due to a superstition about 13. ;)

My house is number 15, and my next door neighbour is number 11. I think its very silly personally.:rolleyes:

Boods

Last edited:
Sometimes the missing number is due to re-allignment of blocks.

Our block and our neighbours' block used to be three blocks, at some stage reconfigured into two, so we are also missing a number.

Typical convo that may ruffle some feathers. :D

Newbie : "I think prices will go up, down, blah blah, this area is better than that area blah blah, finance company x is better than finance company y blah blah...."

Experienced SS member : "How many IP's or investments do you own? Where do you get your information from? etc"

Newbie : "I have yet to invest in property, but plan to."

Cheers

Mick

people who come on and say "i've got $150,000 cash just lying around waiting to invest, what should i do with it."

obviously the answer is "put it in my bank account." :rolleyes:

People who say "what's better... suburb A or B" when the suburbs A & B appear to have been randomly chosen by throwing a dart at a map.

Spam is also annoying on SS but gets cleaned up very quickly! Thanks mods!

People "who nitpick at grammatically incorrect posts and spelling mistakes"

Then go and post using incorrect grammer structure in thier own posts:rolleyes:

People "who nitpick at grammatically incorrect posts and spelling mistakes"

Then go and post using incorrect grammer structure in thier own posts:rolleyes:

My favourite bit, as a parent,
was to correct the grammar and spelling on the letter MidlleSon's English teacher sent home about his poor performance, and tell her to correct it and resubmit, cc to the principal

people who like
to write
like this thinking that they
need to hit the enter key
because in 1893
a smart little bugger called word wrap was invented
which prevents me from reading
their post
because it gives me a headache just
looking at it
even tho it probably had a really good idea
that i probably needed to read