101 ways to annoy people on sommersoft.

actually typos is correct, short form of typographical errors
after all, it takes one minute to read your own post and correct it.
pedantism is fun​

got me! :D

Would you believe that I actually made that mistake on purpose, waiting for someone to see it and catch me out?.....

Didn't think so.

How to annoy people on SS. Get completely off topic. ARRRGH.

Also put down the area they live/invest/recommend....

I reckon this is a good thing; some people might have stumbled onto a hotspot and want to share it with the group.

Of course, it's up to us to evaluate it ourselves and make a decision.

Of course I would,, suits the tone of this thread to a T
Was the double comma also an attempt to see who'd notice? :D (I'd also change the underlining so that it doesn't embrace the spaces either side of the "I", but that's stylistic preference rather than an error, per se. ;))

People that aren't parents giving other parents parenting advice

LMAO :D u funny!!!

As if parents shouldn't ask thier children for feedback :confused:

Some of the best people in the world for giving car mechanics and car service departments, advice on how to improve thier service and relationships with customers, are car drivers, including those who don't know how to change a spark plug.

Some of the best people in the world for giving doctors advice, on how to improve thier service and relationships with customers, are patients, including those who don't know how to administer panadol.

Some of the best people in the world for giving teachers advice, on how to improve thier service and relationship with students, are students, including those who don't know how to teach a dog to sit.

Some of the best people in the world for giving parents advice, on how to improve thier responsibilities and relationship with thier children, are children, including those who've never even logged into somersoft before.

People that aren't parents giving other parents parenting advice
LMAO :D u funny!!!

As if parents shouldn't ask thier children for feedback :confused:

... Some of the best people in the world for giving parents advice, on how to improve thier responsibilities and relationship with thier children, are children, including those who've never even logged into somersoft before.
I totally agree with you, vincenzo, that your children can teach you, but they can only teach you about things from their perspective.

I think chasethesun was referring to things like childless people who think they know how parents should get their kids to sleep through the night, or eat more food, etc. :rolleyes: Unless they're a pediatrician or childcare worker, they almost certainly don't know better than the parents; they just haven't yet had the opportunity to see their own pet theory destroyed by a baby who hasn't studied that book. :p

I think chasethesun was referring to things like childless people who think they know how parents should get their kids to sleep through the night, or eat more food, etc. :rolleyes:

Yup! I remember that I would see kids misbehaving (before having any of my own) and saying to myself "My kids will never do that". Then I had kids and I found out that they have their own personalities and agendas, and no matter how much you tell them something, unless they are open to listening and obeying, it just sometimes does not work. :eek:

Yup! I remember that I would see kids misbehaving (before having any of my own) and saying to myself "My kids will never do that". Then I had kids and I found out that they have their own personalities and agendas, and no matter how much you tell them something, unless they are open to listening and obeying, it just sometimes does not work. :eek:

lil skater?

lil skater?

Hahaha! Well Lil went through stages of being totally adorable, then reverting to a monster. A bit like Dr Jeckle & Mr Hyde, that one, with the difference being that she always appologised and gave me a big hug afterwards, up until she started High School. Then she was a monster most of the time.:eek: Thankfully she's grown out of that now, otherwise I am sure that the stress would have sent me bald. She is just a monster occasionally now, but since she doesn't live with me, her boyfriend can deal with that. :D:cool:

Last edited:
yes - wouldn't it be nice if you could lock them in a cupboard from 12-18!

i found the worst part with the older girls was the 12 months leading up to their first menstral cycle ... total hormone minefield. then they were okay until around 17 as they were reaching the age where they wanted to be were mature and independent ... but they weren't!

oh - are we getting off topic. that's really annoying for ss-ers!

This is what I noticed in this forum,

1)one post that seems to get lots of attack from members is - just ask a simple question, and you will get attacked with "I can't believe you are a landlord and you don't know about xyz",

2)or if someone makes a complaint about their agent/lawyer or that they lost money from unnecessary expenses caused by consultants, they will invariably get attacked with "WELL, LIVE WITH IT!" instead of offering ways to solve the problem.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can be so blunt just because they are hiding behind a forum nickname. They say things that would be seen as socially improper.

1)one post that seems to get lots of attack from members is - just ask a simple question, and you will get attacked with "I can't believe you are a landlord and you don't know about xyz",

2)or if someone makes a complaint about their agent/lawyer or that they lost money from unnecessary expenses caused by consultants, they will invariably get attacked with "WELL, LIVE WITH IT!" instead of offering ways to solve the problem.

It never ceases to amaze me how people can be so blunt just because they are hiding behind a forum nickname. They say things that would be seen as socially improper.

I think you'll find that a lot of the blunt attacks are in relation to how the question/s were posed and worded by the asker.

From my experience here, most people will gladly offer their help and advice should the asker do it in a humble way - especially if they are a newbie.

Now, is this right? No, but it's the way it is.

Then I had kids and I found out that they have their own personalities and agendas, and no matter how much you tell them something, unless they are open to listening and obeying, it just sometimes does not work. :eek:

I wasn't watching this thread..perhaps i should've been!

I was an angel :)

Hahaha! Well Lil, totally adorable, always apologised and gave me a big hug.

But since she doesn't live with me, her boyfriend can deal with that.

That's right, totally adorable :D (Fixed it for you Mum, don't know where the rest of those extra words came from :p )

oh - are we getting off topic. that's really annoying for ss-ers!

Yeah, don't you hate that :p

just ask a simple question, and you will get attacked with "I can't believe you are a landlord and you don't know about xyz",

You wouldn't want to meet me then! I'm blunter in person, and as BayView says below, it's usually how the question is asked more so than the question itself.

I think you'll find that a lot of the blunt attacks are in relation to how the question/s were posed and worded by the asker.

From my experience here, most people will gladly offer their help and advice should the asker do it in a humble way - especially if they are a newbie.

Or sometimes the way the OP reacts to someone trying to answer a question. This is perhaps my biggest annoyance:

OP asks for help - get the answer but it's not the one they want so make excuses or complain and won't take on others advice.

One of the most annoying things. Trolls, damn trolls.

SIM where are you?

Yes, sorry about that - have been ultra busy the past few weeks. Still catching up on things now.

One troll down, a few more to go I suspect. I will investigate.

Please report posts you think are especially problematic - the moderation team will review them.

yes - wouldn't it be nice if you could lock them in a cupboard from 12-18!
Lockem in a barrel feed em through the bung hole, on their18th birthday decide whether to let em out, or hammer in the bung, and throw them over the falls
hope my mum doesnt regret letting me out of that barrel

Well, Live with it. ( attempted humour )
There are certain governing rules of any business or trade which proprietors or operators are required to know, the Acts of the State or Territory in which they operate, those are givens. `I didn't know' is not a defence. due diligence(or dilligence too lazy to spellcheck) extends to all areas, not only assessment during purchase.
Brusque and blunt, if the same questions have been answered before and before and before & there is a search function, or because the answer would be available, let me google that for you, perhaps on the website of the governing body of the trade or occupation.
Forum persona perhaps is their persona, they may suffer fools ungraciously.
As for
unnecessary expenses caused by consultants
consultants engaged by the person complaining about the expenses, who could possibly be responsible for those.
Truth should never be seen as socially improper, even if we dont like it.

Last edited:
Back