1st home buying with a twist

lino28 said:
how much do "good" mortgage brokers cost?

what would i look for in a good broker that is unbias and not working for other motives?

Hi Lino,

May I suggest you speak to Ofer Bader @ Aussie Home Loans, 07 55789973 or mobile 0405351510 Ofer has not only arranged the purchase of my first ppor/ip but has also given some great free advise.
He is a very knowledgable guy and a qualified CPA to boot.

Lino, from your posts, I seem to get the impression that you are rushing in, and have not really done your home work/ due deligence.

May I suggest you take at least 6 months to educate yourself about the basics of buying/selling real estate and using other peoples money ie.banks/parents before deciding/signing anything that could potentially be disaster.

In contrast to saying that; I am glad more and more young people like myself and many others on this forum are taking control of their financial life, good luck to you Lino and hope everythig works out.

Cheers

Hi Lino,
Great to see young people wanting to get into their first home, agree ditch the car and the jet ski, all this will come back to you before you know it. One of my daughters, currently 21yo dropped out of uni, has a terrible job earning less than $20,000 pa and drives a beat up car that friends tease her about. Unbeknown to her friends in less than 12 months she had saved madly for a deposit, bought and moved into a beautiful unit in Nundah less than 10 mins from Brisbane all before her 21st. She lived in the unit for 12 months so it does not effect the FHOG and moved back home so she can let her unit out for $220 per week, thus acheiving her first IP. Now she is saving to go overseas for 12 months. Another daughter is 19yo and will not buy a car as she wants her first home, already been to a broker and was told that she can go out and buy. All this on their own with no help from my wife and I. To achieve your dreams one must do the hard yards first and reap the rewards later.
Best of luck
John

yeah make no mistake i am not going to rush into it......thats why im here and wanting to know answers to my basic questions.

thanks

Good to see you were serious enough to ask the question on a property orientated forum Tye... Good luck with it mate...

P.S - As for mortgage brokers, i'd talk to Simon who has responded in this thread... ;)

Cheers,
Paul...

Hi Lino

Burleigh Waters is a real nice suburb. We live in Mermaid Waters and love it here. If you need some help, we run a mortgage broking company on the coast and my husband has been in the real estate industry up here for 20 years. He is not really working in the industry at the moment. (He has been acting as a buyers agent for a few people), but he has heaps of contacts up here. Please feel welcome to contact us should you need to speak to someone who has great knowledge of the Gold Coast.

Regards

Kerri

lino28 said:
We have a specific range of streets we want to buy in too. All are within a couple hundred km from a school, transport and 1km from a shopping center.

They closed all the schools on the Gold Coast and in Brisbane?? :p

yeah FATBOY i am only just starting to get into it so i hadnt found a property investment forum to bug yet......ive spent the last couple of days going through every post in this forum and am slowly educating myself.

FatBoy said:
P.S - As for mortgage brokers, i'd talk to Simon who has responded in this thread... ;)
Forgive me if I'm incorrect- but I had understood that Simon is now an agent of one company, and no longer a broker- is that correct Simon?

There are a number of brokers on the forum- Rolf Shaefer, Rolf Latham (Sydney/Gold Coast based), Kristine, Mr Ed, Medine and PT_Bear are the ones I'm familiar with. There are probably others.

Back