2 Lot sub division

Hi All

As a newbie to subdivision and potential development of a dual occupancy unit, I would need some insight from fellow investors.

The story so far: Bought a property in Geelong in 2010. The property was on rent till last month and as it was pretty rundown. So thought of 2 lot subdivision as a way to make some equity.

The planning permit was received last month and subsequently applied for subdivision as well. The council has asked us to get the following utilities installed at the property.

1. Water
2. Sewerage
3. Electricity / Gas

I am not sure who to contact to get these installed. My architect is developing the working drawings however she is inexperienced in this subject.

I need to contact Powercor and Barwon Water. However the information on their site is bit confusing.

I was hoping that someone here has already been through the process and provide some guidance or provide some professionals who can project manage the activity.

Hi All

As a newbie to subdivision and potential development of a dual occupancy unit, I would need some insight from fellow investors.

The story so far: Bought a property in Geelong in 2010. The property was on rent till last month and as it was pretty rundown. So thought of 2 lot subdivision as a way to make some equity.

The planning permit was received last month and subsequently applied for subdivision as well. The council has asked us to get the following utilities installed at the property.

1. Water
2. Sewerage
3. Electricity / Gas

I am not sure who to contact to get these installed. My architect is developing the working drawings however she is inexperienced in this subject.

I need to contact Powercor and Barwon Water. However the information on their site is bit confusing.

I was hoping that someone here has already been through the process and provide some guidance or provide some professionals who can project manage the activity.

Talk to your draftman, he knows all. Did you have a subdivision surveyor who prepares plans and subdivision application for you? He can help you to connect utilities as well.

1. Water
2. Sewerage
3. Electricity / Gas

We are in the process of doing just this in Belmont/Geelong. Our architect co-ordinated the professionals required to get our DA. Once this was obtained we went to Barwon Water offices in South Geelong to arrange for water connection to the rear lot. They gave us a list of names of approved plumbers to contact to arrange for the necessary water and sewerage connections. We also had to contact Powercor to arrange for the elecricity to be bought underground to the front of the block. From here we arranged for our electrician to install a common meter point just inside the front boundary and to connect the wiring from the pit that Powercor had placed in the footpath to this common point. The electrician then co-ordinated with Powercor to terminate the overhead supply to the original front house and to connect both it and the new unit being constructed on the rear block into the common meter point. We have arranged with the original land surveyor (St. Quentin's) to co-ordinate the collection of approvals from Barwon Water and Powercor and final survey from themselves for packaging to present to Council for Plan Sealing. From here the package will go to our Property Lawyer and then on to the Titles Office for issuing of new titles. Hope this helps.

Back