2 weeks holiday where?

Have forgone Vanautu in favour (believe it or not!) of The Sapphire Coast, maybe even up to Coffs Harbour. Would appreciate any input about great hidden towns and spots along the coast only the locals know.

Wrong time of year for mine but some of the best kayaking and whitewater rafting is in the hinterland along the nymboidia river. Bloody cold at the moment tho...:eek:

I'd be heading further up....like Port Douglas.;)

I was at Coffs last week. It was still cold. At least no frosts in the morning where I live, but cold is cold.

Why not give in. Go to the snow?

See ya's.

Depends what you are after.

You have got valla and Urunga to the south. Sawtell is beautiful (lot of nice cafeys an te beach) About 10 mins to south east. Then woolgoolga To the north.

There's a stack of little tiny towns all along the coast that no ones ever heard of. Especially just north of Woolgoolga. Also, head inland from Coffs. Bellingen, and Dorrigo are really nice. There's a rainforest walk and display centre in Dorrigo. Dorrigo has got that red ferrosol soil that's some of the best in the world. Lots of trout fishing up there too.

See ya's.

If you can make your way to Coffs, then why not a bit further north?

Lots of towns / villages to explore within relatively close proximity (the following are all within 1 hour of Byron Bay) - Evans Head, Lennox Head, Ballina, Brunswick Heads, Mullumbimby, Lismore, Nimbin, Alstonville, Bangalow, Mullumbimby, Pottsville, Kingscliff, Coraki (and numerous smaller ones).

Minyon Falls
Mt Warning (climb before dawn to watch the sunrise)
Lots of good surf breaks and other water sports
Arguably the best beaches in Australia
Good fishing in the estuaries or off the beaches
Golf courses pretty much everywhere (Ballina, Byron, Lismore, (Royal) Teven, Woodburn-Evans Head, Coraki, Mullumbimby, Ocean Shores)

I was at Coffs last week. It was still cold. At least no frosts in the morning where I live, but cold is cold.

Why not give in. Go to the snow?

See ya's.
There isn't any - at least; Victoria.

But, that doesn't stop the publicity machine from telling us it's fantastic and get up there to cram onto 3.5 runs and 10mm of man-made snow with a bazillion others....YEAH!

Maybe this weekend it'll dump.

If you want warm; don't muck around - at the very least go north of Brisbane.

Byron is nice, but it'll be coolish even there.

Back