• 3 IPs

Votes: 12 7.4%
  • 4 IPs

Votes: 8 4.9%
  • 5 IPs or more

Votes: 11 6.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At the beginning of 2007, if someone had said you'd have bought your first investment property we wouldn't have believed them.

But thanks to a colleague at work (who ignited the spark), a whole lot of reading, a great team of people around us and these forums we bought our first!

Now we'll settle in for a few months to get used to the cashflow etc, then look at #2.

not enough - only because i'm getting impatient.

bought a 4 townhouse development site in august and already plans are nearly thru council - no objections by anyone and council likes the plan.

the only problem is, tenants are on 12 month lease cause i thought council would take ages ...

voted 5 +.
Bought 2 properties with a total of 12 units.

Does anyone think $2.5 Mil for 27 bedsitters in Sutherland, NSW 2232 is reasonable?

Bought none - Perth market is all over the place at the moment.

As far as an IP goes we are looking outside of Perth.

However, if THAT HOUSE came up we might buy ourselves a new PPOR in 2008 if Perth continues to drop...

Good luck all.

TB

Bought none - Perth market is all over the place at the moment.

As far as an IP goes we are looking outside of Perth.

However, if THAT HOUSE came up we might buy ourselves a new PPOR in 2008 if Perth continues to drop...

Good luck all.

TB

just curious where you are looking? the areas I have had an eye on are still doing double digit growth. My mate had an eye on a knockover in dalkeith about a year ago at $1.2m, can't get in there under $2.5m now. The areas I have seen softness are really only the likes of outer areas such as Seascapes where flippers and specultors have taken the market too far

Bought one IP (2 dwelling site), and also swapped PPOR - traded in a small young house, for an old house with big land (3 dwelling site). PPOR swap is my most exciting IP so far. :)

In 2007, .... Planned to buy 2-3, ... bought 4.

Not sure about 2008 at this stage, .... I've started the ball rolling on a sub-division or dual occupancy on a house/corner block IP in Redbank Plains (SE Qld), .... I'm talking to town planning consultants at this stage and the process will take around 12 months to complete the application phase and get it through council (I'm learning as I go).

Not sure about stand more IP's in 08, .... will see how the market and interest rates go for the first part of 08 before committing at this stage.

Martin .. :p

Aimed for zero but bought 1 block of land
Subdivided plenty of blocks....does that count?? :confused:
Sold a few, will be selling more in 2008.

Planned to buy as many as I could/couldn't afford. In all we purchased 12 with another 2 settling just after christmas.

Finished Yanchep and the second Port Kembla house on duplex block (finally) started Haywards Bay duplex - now at gyprock stage, settled second Haywards Bay duplex block - plans in council and exchanged on third Haywards Bay duplex block settling end of Jan. Time frames were meant to be a bit different with more space in between but it will all work out in the end!

With the year drawing to a close how many people followed through with their IP purchasing goals? How many IPs did you plan to buy at the start of the year and now at the end, how many did you actually buy?
Still sitting on the sidelines,i have enough problems with the tenants we have in place,not sure if next year will be any different i have looked at several this year,will do the same next year but unless the numbers stack up, then i will stay and RIDE the ;)ASX tidal wave till the i find something else the returns above 35% year in year out,without lifting a finger..
willair
BTW Dash 11,i would love to hear your story 12 PROPERTIES in one year can i ask the location??

Back