21 Ways Rich People Think Differently Than Average People

Definitely not. There was a year I had that income and I have none of those things.

I think the underlined portion was possibly the bit that doesn't quite make sense.

China is saying that "one year" he made an income of $1M in that year. Why for just one year? What earned him "income" of $1M and why for just one year?

I think the underlined portion was possibly the bit that doesn't quite make sense.

China is saying that "one year" he made an income of $1M in that year. Why for just one year? What earned him "income" of $1M and why for just one year?

Sale of a business, inheritance, sale of house with cash surplus that he may class as income?

There are definitely some things not adding up here.

If I had a 1 million dollar income, I would probably drive something like a Golf or get a motorbike. Stuff wasting money on everyday cars! In fact, if I could get away with it, I wouldn't have a car at all. You'd have to drag me kicking and screaming to a car dealer to buy one.

I eventually want to build a 1970 Barracuda, but that's a Bucket List thing, not an everyday car.

Why? Not everyone prioritises cars.
I think I could manage to de-prioritise up to say; a 3 year old vw golf or something spiffy like that....not too expensive.

I mean; delayed gratification is one thing, but to earn a million and not even drive a half decent car is a bit extreme.

I think he even said he doesn't have a tv?

It's all a bit silly, really.

Haha, not that I have $1M, yet the only reason I have a tv is because my parents came over to visit once while it was raining. They were bored so bought one and left it there for when they came over the next time which was the second time it ever got switched on.

Who needs a tv when you can stream the odd-show without ads off the internet on your laptop :D

Sale of a business, inheritance, sale of house with cash surplus that he may class as income?

Whatever he meant, "earning" $1M in one year via a sale or something isn't the same as "earning" $1M per year. You wouldn't suddenly hire a chauffeur, a housekeeper, a nanny, chiropodist, ear wax cleaner (whatever floats your boat) and use up a one off windfall.

I'm just thinking this whole thread is heading the way of the "doctor" thread and I'm not sure whether to laugh or cry :p.

Who needs a tv when you can stream the odd-show without ads off the internet on your laptop :D

I'm with you, mate. I don't have a tv either. Y'all folks (Marc, et al) need to accept that not everyone wants or needs what most people see as necessities.

I rarely watch TV in the traditional sense, but we transfer all of our downloads to the TV so we can watch shows ad-free on the bigger screen whilst sprawled across the sofa with a bunch of cats on top of us. You can't do that with a laptop.

I rarely watch TV in the traditional sense, but we transfer all of our downloads to the TV so we can watch shows ad-free on the bigger screen whilst sprawled across the sofa with a bunch of cats on top of us. You can't do that with a laptop.

That's what the theatre room, projector and surround sound is for :p

I think I could manage to de-prioritise up to say; a 3 year old vw golf or something spiffy like that....not too expensive.

I mean; delayed gratification is one thing, but to earn a million and not even drive a half decent car is a bit extreme.

It's all a bit silly, really.

I'm a bit like China, except I'm not sitting on my hands and invest.

My 98 car does me well. The radiator busted and required an ~1k fix a couple of months ago. If it proves unreliable then i'll get a new car. I hate shopping, cars are no different. I've got my eye on an audi a4?

Why? Not everyone prioritises cars.

I wasn't referring to the car. I don't tend to prioritise cars much these days either.

It was more around the issue of 'making' $1M in a year, which implies a pretty good income in other years also, yet the discussion revolves around not having enough to do what others could easily achieve on much less.

As I think I've posted before, the last brand new car I bought was in 2011, and represented less than 6% of my yearly working income (before tax, in 2011).

Since the laptop will be warm, it will probably have a bunch of cats on it as well which can lead to obscuring the laptop screen.

Most fights in my house are due to highly contested "top of foxtel box" and "top of PC" warming spots.

Back