21st birthday suggestions

Hi All,

My son is approaching 21 and we are looking for suggestions
on somewhere nice to go with him, his girlfriend and our other two younger children who are 8 and 10.

Looking for something either in Sydney or NSW for a night out or overnight with a nice meal or something. Just something we can spend a bit of time together as a family.

Any suggestions for venues or locations?

Thanks
Neil.

I've been to Cockatoo Island and its like an industrial wasteland with 'historic' features. Wasn't too bad though - if its only an overnight visit it will be a good adventure.

A couple of suggestions:
1. A night-time Harbour Bridge climb with diiner afterwards at Centrepoint
2. A trip to the Hunter Valley and an overnight stay at a place like Cypress Lakes
3. One of those night-tours around The Rocks - but that might be a bit scary for the younger ones

I spend a bit of time on the harbour and often see a Captain Cook boat with cabins. They do overnight trips on the harbour. No idea what it would cost (possibly too much for 6 people) but I reckon it would be a good thing to do.
There are cheaper overnight options where you board a boat, they take you for a sail and anchor safely in a bay to cook you dinner, and then the crew leave the boat and come back in the morning. It's a special thing to spend a night on a boat - especially if it's not yours.

We asked our oldest whether he wanted to have a party, go to a nice dinner or something else. He chose to have a barbeque with about ten friends at our house.

One thing I did offer was that we could get a caterer in to make a swanky dinner here in our own home if he wanted that. He was very happy with the barbeque.

Back