2nd Property

Hi Guys,

I am aiming to buy my second property with a budget of around $270. The problem is i want to buy somewhere in sydney rather than regional. Any suggestion???

Where to buy

Hiya

Have you considered Campbelltown area? I have an IP - a 3 bedder in Ambarvale (purchased 244K but that was '09 tho"); rented for 360 per week...

The South West of Sydney has good yields and projected to have great population growth.

I remember I had 6 tenant applications on first showing including 2 groups of doctors/interns studying/working in Campbelltown hospital/university of western sydney...this IP is near the massive MacArthur Square tho'
Check realestate.com; only 7 rentals available atm.

Have a drive around if you are free.
Hope this helps....

Hiya

Have you considered Campbelltown area? I have an IP - a 3 bedder in Ambarvale (purchased 244K but that was '09 tho"); rented for 360 per week...

The South West of Sydney has good yields and projected to have great population growth.

I remember I had 6 tenant applications on first showing including 2 groups of doctors/interns studying/working in Campbelltown hospital/university of western sydney...this IP is near the massive MacArthur Square tho'
Check realestate.com; only 7 rentals available atm.

Have a drive around if you are free.
Hope this helps....

What about Macquarie Fields??? It near cambelltown and the prices of the properties are not bad...

I second Campbelltown. Have a very nice performing house out there, bought at 230, rented after a cosmetic for 320 per week, in 2009, and now the rent is up to 360. nice performer, excellent property mgmt company that contact me when its time to review rent, ( like THAT i can tell you)

Id go again in a heartbeat if I found the right prop.

Regards
Luvvit

Newbie question: How much weight does the safety/crime rate of an area have on your decision with an IP purchase (without considering this being converted to PPOR in the future, of course).

Thanks!
:cool:

PM needed

I second Campbelltown. Have a very nice performing house out there, bought at 230, rented after a cosmetic for 320 per week, in 2009, and now the rent is up to 360. nice performer, excellent property mgmt company that contact me when its time to review rent, ( like THAT i can tell you)

Id go again in a heartbeat if I found the right prop.

Regards
Luvvit

Hi Luvvit

Care to share this excellent pm of yours???

thanks a lot

For 2br units, try Auburn, Lakemba, Wiley Park, Campbelltown, Liverpool (and surrounding suburbs).

For 3br house standalone, I think you might have to go further than Penrith ... Most decent ones in Penrith are into the $300k's already.

Happy hunting!

Back