3 boards on 22/1/05

G'day all,

We had a great turnout on Saturday - 3 boards and around 15 people. Jody, Craig and Colin were new to the game on my table and I hope had a good time (Jody, perhaps you could share your learnings and experience if you like).

Jessica (my 16 yo daughter) trounced her godfather Larry and has since offered to be HIS coach!

I think the game switched on a few lights for people and when I was explaining it to a friend on Sunday, I said that I see the main learnings as being:
- importance of passive income
- difference between good debt and bad debt
- understanding your own myths about money strategies
- the freedom to experiment in a no-risk environment (eg, going all shares, aggressive gearing, etc), and
- the informal discussions and strategies that occur around the board.

What do others think?

Sounds great!

I agree with your points & would add it helps people unlearn their bad financial habits and it teaches negotiation skills (doing deals with other players).

We've got about that number of people currently coming along for the Canberra Cashflow game on Thursday night - anyone who wants to come let Mr Ed know soon or we won't be able to fit you in! :)

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=18955

Cheers,

Aceyducey

One particular thing which happend quite frequently in the game- realising a capitla gain can help to kick you very quickly into the fast track (although the game does not allow you to draw on equity growth without selling).

Back