$33 Document fee?

Hi all,

Just received my first statement from my latest IP purchase, only to find a previously unmentioned "Document Fee" for $33. The $15 half lease fee has been paid by the tenant, I haven't been charged my $15 and yet this $33 fee appears. Nothing was written about it in the MA at all (I have scrutinised it carefully) and it's the first time I've ever come across a fee called this, with any of my properties.

Any ideas? Also, seeing as it hasn't been outlined in the MA, I don't think I should be having to pay it. It wasn't outlined up front, so surely it's an anomaly?

Whats the $15 half lease for? As for the $33 document fee (I don't know what it is), well if it's not in the MA I would be asking it to be reimbursed.

Jarrod
Jarrod Lane Real Estate :)

The PM can charge $30 + GST for lease preparation. Usually the cost of $33 is equally divided between tenant and landlord. Query it. I wouldn't pay more than $16.50 for each lease. This charge will also apply each time a new tenant's lease is prepared. ;)

Hi Crest

In NSW the tenant can be asked to pay half the cost of the agreement preparation fee, up to a maximum of $15 (inc. GST).

Cheers

ocelad

Back