4 Corners 8.30 pm - American Mortgage meltdown

http://www.abc.net.au/tv/guide/netw/200810/programs/NC0804H015D13102008T203000.htm

Four Corners
8:30pm Monday, 13 Oct 2008 News CC

Website

Paul Barry did a story last year on the mortgage meltdown from America, were the predictions right?

Also showing on ABC2
- 8:00am Tuesday, October 14
- 8:00am Tuesday, October 21
- 8:00am Tuesday, October 28

Also showing on ABC
- 11:30pm Tuesday, October 14
- 8:30pm Monday, October 20
- 11:30pm Tuesday, October 21
- 8:30pm Monday, October 27
- 11:35pm Tuesday, October 28

thank goodness - found this thread at last!

was interesting to watch the program again last night, but i was disappointed because the orginal was such an informed, well researched and interesting bout of journalism (not like that ch7 stuff) that i spent the whole time waiting for another round of "current market" update ... only to get 10 seconds worth at the end.

pity - another 1/2 hour of "what happened and what is happening now", in the same form, would have been fantastic.

We found it interesting as well Lizzie.

Paul Barry does some good digging and then presents it nicely.

We agree, it would have been nice to have some sort of rolling correlation, between what was being predicted by some....and what actually happened.

Of course, some people have been predicting this for the past 4 years or so. They missed out on 3.5 yrs worth of good bull run....but I suppose they were eventually proven right. What was their prize ?? Did they take advantage of it somehow....or do they just sit there contently knowing that if you predict gloom for long enough, it will eventually turn up.

I watched it and waited for the repeat part to finish, then it ended. I honestly don't know what the point of it was, it was like watching the channel 7 news from a year ago.

Yeah, I was a little disappointed with the program. I would have expected a little more of an update.

There is some programs on you tube such as "Foreclosure Alley" from Socal Connected. It doesn't have a lot of the financial stats in it, but does really hit home the severity of the crisis.

Back