47 Biggest Mistakes Property Investors Make

47 Biggest Mistakes Home Video

Just surfing and came across this site above and then below..has anyone read the book?

Real Wealth Australia

COURSE OUTLINE FOR YOUR REAL WEALTH AUSTRALIA PROPERTY MENTORING PROGRAM

The Real Wealth Australia Property Mentoring Program is a unique learning experience that will take you on a journey from novice to expert investor hand in hand with successful investors and other like minded students. Whether you’re already an experienced investor or a complete beginner, the Real Wealth Australia Property Mentoring Program is suitable for you.

Unlike other courses or seminars, you won’t be trying to cram in an entire education in 1 or 2 days. And especially unlike other courses or seminars, you’ll get heaps of support and encouragement, and lots of one on one time with Helen and Ed. You won’t be left out in the cold.

The Real Wealth Australia Property Mentoring Program runs for a full 12 months. Your course consists of six classes held monthly followed by a further 6 months of coaching, the opportunity for field trips, unlimited phone and email support throughout the entire course, “get togethers” with other students, opportunities for joint ventures with your fellow students, live presentations from various experts and much, much more.

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately all our current courses are fully booked (our courses always sell out via word of mouth alone) but we are taking expressions of interest to join our “Priority Waiting List” for any upcoming courses…

I spent bl00dy ages reading all of that gumpf, only to find right at the very end they are so good that you can't go and see them anyway....

Geez, I wish they had of put that up the top, would've ignored the rest.

I spent bl00dy ages reading all of that gumpf, only to find right at the very end they are so good that you can't go and see them anyway....

Geez, I wish they had of put that up the top, would've ignored the rest.

Ha Ha :D

Thanks Dazzling, you brightened the day

The first link must've been the trial web-site?

yes i read the book and spoke to the author

yes i read the book , highlighted things to remember and enjoyed it.

i somehow managed to speak to the author helen colliers i think her name was.she was lovely and also doing mentorship to help people in their situation eg in my sitution she might help you to get positive cash flow properties.

I've since leant the book to a close friend so dont ha eit on hand but it was easy and enjoyable and intereesting reading. had good points in it but i cant remember them as i dont have it on hand at present.

Paula.

as far as mentors go

i have no connection to any group but have been looking for mentors. they seem to charge around $6000 for one year but momentum seem to charge that for a lifetime and seem to have a few people that you can use as resources. their membrohip seems to include a whole lot of other resources tht one would need search engines etc.

they have 2 meetings a month and then the group itself meet aswell separately locally twice a month.

thats why i liked them

but i have to say one of them was not the most polite or patient on the phone to a friend of mine and he was in charge of the mentorship.so if they are working with beginners it didnt sound form her expereince like they had the patience needed. Its a pity as a few of us were considering joining but that so far put us off.

They also didnt get back to her when they said they would, to talk about what she specifically could do in her situation.

nevertheless i somehow felt they were good value and had good resources and a good set up with various people on hand to advise.

but again my expereince with talking to Helen was really lovely and she too balances neg or pos cash flow properties or strategies according toyour situation and again i really enjoyed her book easy to read and some good points in there.

Paula.

Last edited:
That video website has got a lot of um...'text' on it.

Helen is a good friend of mine. Tubs, the website you visited is a test site for 47 biggest mistakes and was not supposed to be seen. It is being removed and will be be back later.

i have no connection to any group but have been looking for mentors. they seem to charge around $6000 for one year but momentum seem to charge that for a lifetime and seem to have a few people that you can use as resources. their membrohip seems to include a whole lot of other resources tht one would need search engines etc.

they have 2 meetings a month and then the group itself meet aswell separately locally twice a month.

thats why i liked them

but i have to say one of them was not the most polite or patient on the phone to a friend of mine and he was in charge of the mentorship.so if they are working with beginners it didnt sound form her expereince like they had the patience needed. Its a pity as a few of us were considering joining but that so far put us off.

They also didnt get back to her when they said they would, to talk about what she specifically could do in her situation.

nevertheless i somehow felt they were good value and had good resources and a good set up with various people on hand to advise.

but again my expereince with talking to Helen was really lovely and she too balances neg or pos cash flow properties or strategies according toyour situation and again i really enjoyed her book easy to read and some good points in there.

Paula.

You get what you pay for.

Momentum allow lifetime membership, because most/all of their resources relate to other companies they own/partly own or control. So Properties offered, developments, finance is all another way of offering you financially related business services that benefit them. Not illegal, but just so you know.

Helen, does not offer her own properties, developments, or finance but will sometimes join you in joint ventures, or show you properties she has been offered. She is into education only.

Regards
John

[email protected]

Helen is a good friend of mine.

Thanks for the disclosure. I shall assume your opinion on everything stated thereafter is...by definition....not impartial.

I've been ripped off royally by a chap advocating that very line. It's never happened again I'm happy to say. Whenever someone says that to me now, my radar is on full alert.

She is into education only.

So John, just how financially big do you need to get before you can charge "both experienced and novice investors" alike. How do you qualify....what's the benchmark ??

One house...Five houses.....an accounting degree, $ 45 MM p.a. in rent pouring in, 27 developments in 5 states all progressing in unison.....what exactly is the benchmark before one can stand up and say "I'm good enough to teach all comers."

Thanks for the disclosure. I shall assume your opinion on everything stated thereafter is...by definition....not impartial.

Well Daz, I am not sure I gave an opinion exactly, although I suppose you could say there is some bias there. Mostly I just stated facts.

I've been ripped off royally by a chap advocating that very line. It's never happened again I'm happy to say. Whenever someone says that to me now, my radar is on full alert.

Yes I can see by the way you have reacted that you have been. Its sad you have been burnt, and there are many more like you out there.

I am not going to point to testimonials or other guff, your probably read enough of those. All I will say is Helen wears her heart on her sleeve. You would have to meet with her to decide yourself. She is planning to be at the Perth Property expo, so why not go along and see her, and go and have a coffee with her. I will probably be there as well and would like to meet you.

So John, just how financially big do you need to get before you can charge "both experienced and novice investors" alike. How do you qualify....what's the benchmark ??

One house...Five houses.....an accounting degree, $ 45 MM p.a. in rent pouring in, 27 developments in 5 states all progressing in unison.....what exactly is the benchmark before one can stand up and say "I'm good enough to teach all comers."

LOL Whether you believe me or not, I was not part of Helen's 5 year plan to start Real Wealth Australia. She never said "im good enough to teach others', its more that others wanted to be taught and asked for the learning.

Did she decide to then turn that into a business, the answer is yes. You can't work at something else and help a lot of people. She needs income too like the rest of us. Has that gone well - the answer is also yes, with her seminars and book doing well, and her articles being sought after by local, national, and international magazines.

I know there are a lot of people out there have been hurt and spent thousands for very little, but remember its easy to be cynical without actually knowing anything about the person.

Will there be some dissatisfied customers - Don't know a business that doesn't have at least one, if not more.

now - I was editing my original post with more disclosure, but could not alter it after you posted. so will put it below -

I actually met Helen and her husband when I originally started doing their finance. I also now speak at her seminars, and regularly attend her classes, heckling from the back when anything relating to investor finance comes up. I also offer complimentary mortgage health checks to her attendees (Because yes I run a business and also look for new work), and I offer suggestions on their positions and how they may benefit from doing different things. I do not however suggest clients refinance through me like other brokers especially where there are high break costs involved. I deliberately run an ethical business, because I believe that in the long run, that will ensure my success.

Helen believes the same, and that is why I associate with her.

And to answer a question that may be in the back of your mind. Helen does not receive any kickback for finance when her clients use me.

Regards
John

[email protected]

Thanks for participating John, sorry if I posted a Test Site (Gotta be careful on the net), was an interesting video, I'm sure that wont be back later though ;)

I was wondering what brought you onto Somersoft and I hope you stick around to add to the great investment discussions here on both property and shares

Last edited:
Hi all

John,

"Its sad you have been burnt, and there are many more like you out there."

can I suggest you read a few of Dazza's posts before you have too much sympathy. After all he was just taking the pi** out of you.

You are stirrer no 2 I am prepared to call Dazz;)

bye

Momentum allow lifetime membership, because most/all of their resources relate to other companies they own/partly own or control. So Properties offered, developments, finance is all another way of offering you financially related business services that benefit them. Not illegal, but just so you know.
[email protected]
John I hope you stay around,and welcome to the Forum.. willair..

Thanks for participating John, sorry if I posted a Test Site (Gotta be careful on the net), was an interesting video, I'm sure that wont be back later though ;)

I was wondering what brought you onto Somersoft and I hope you stick around to add to the great investment discussions here on both property and shares

No problem - I told helen about it and she has or is getting it removed. Not really sure about the video, have not seen it myself.

Helen released her book, to me it seems only a short time ago, and I was wondering how it was going in a google search, because I bought quite a few for my clients and still have some left over.

That was very smooth John - probably too smooth.
Good luck with your future promotion work

I tried to contradict what you were saying by writing about integrity, Landmark and being authentic, but then it seemed contrite, so I deleted it.

so lol I suppose I will just accept what you say and say thanks.

can I suggest you read a few of Dazza's posts before you have too much sympathy. After all he was just taking the pi** out of you.
You are stirrer no 2 I am prepared to call Dazz;)

LOL Ok, but to tell you, I did not recognise that he was taking the pi** out of me, I really thought that someone had ripped him off. So giving me those kudos is probably unwarranted.

John I hope you stay around,and welcome to the Forum.. willair..

thanks willair - the problem is the forums can take up a lot of time, and as a single parent (well 50% of the time) and running my own business it is time I do not really have. I did try to participate on the property mentoring site for a little while, but it got too time consuming. I do enjoy helping and it is too easy for me to become a forum Junkie, so I try to avoid it.

If you have any questions just email me

regards
John

[email protected]

Hi all,

John, Dazzling's main theme is industrial property, and even though he may have been ripped off in the past, I think he is now able to take care of himself.

You should read some of his threads.

bye

John...?

images

I read it when it first came out about 2 or so years ago . i loved it. its one of my favourite books. It makes some points simply easy to read that others dont make. My copy has some highlighted bits. I recommend this book.

i have spoken to Helen and found her genuine and knowledgable of different strategies for different people including pos cash flow properties in any climate.

francine.

Bad luck Redwing - looks like John swung in for 2 minutes, defending his damsel in distress and then buggered off as quickly as he rode in, never to be seen again.

Looks like you are stuck with the dross that I drivel. ;)

.....but now that you mention it, I had the good fortune to chat with Helen a couple of months ago when she flew over from melbourne to have a chat to the WAIP group.

Nice enough lady, but IMHO, not really qualified to be flying around the country side having a chat with investors and offering them mentorships.

In her presentation she outlined her achievements thus far, having purchased her first property about 6 years ago and her and husband have a gaggle of neg / nuet. houses worth about 6M. Call me whatever you like, but I don't reckon that qualifies to be charging oodles of people $ '000's of dollars.

There were at least 15 to 20 people in the room (of around 40) who had been investing far longer and had far larger portfolios. She cottoned onto that fact pretty quickly and realised that continuing the sales spiel by offering the "fantastic mentoring program for a low low price of" was downright insulting to most of her audience.

One thing she did mention - her first time publisher ordered her to stop writing chapters in her first book. She had 53 lined up to fill her first book, but was told the buying public wouldn't accept anymore than X pages, so they simply lopped 6 lessons off her manuscript to make it fit their pre-conceived formula, and viola, that's how the 47 was arrived at.

I wonder who decided which 6 to lop off....and whether they were more valuable or not than the others that got in ??

Anyway Redwing, I dutifully did as John-boy suggested. I personally met and chatted with Helen. Tick. Nothing changed.

Back