5.49% per annum

check val thru another lender came in 80k higher than the valuer allocated for the BW job so we fit it elsewhere.

I remember back in the good old days Bankwest would knock a valuer on the head to amend it upwards if it cost them a deal. How times have changed :)

Sorry to hijack the thread but out of interest what is a reasonable rate for 90% LVR (just under 90%) for a loan ~ $600,000?

Current best offering I have is around 5.72% (100% variable, offset).

Sorry to hijack the thread but out of interest what is a reasonable rate for 90% LVR (just under 90%) for a loan ~ $600,000?

At 90% LVR....you should be shopping for LMI cost rather than rate....
LMI can diff by 1,000's lender to lender...

Regards
Michael

At 90% LVR....you should be shopping for LMI cost rather than rate....
LMI can diff by 1,000's lender to lender...

Regards
Michael

True - LMI is ~ $14k (which I think is quite reasonable given some of the prior estimates I've had).

True - LMI is ~ $14k (which I think is quite reasonable given some of the prior estimates I've had).

There you go :)

$14k on a standard ( no cash out) $600k loan is very reasonable for >90.1% LVR...some place could go lower maybe 13k or so...but 14k is ok.

However here's 2 tip for a lower LMI.

1. Go for an 88.98% LVR, rather then a straight 90% ( which is what your on)...if you can bring extra $1,000 to the table...the cost of the LMI will be $10,000- $18,000 max!!! saving you a few thousand :)

2. If you have worked for more then 2 years at your current place, consider ING ...their LMI will be around $9,000.

Cheers
Michael

Well, 90% + LMI - but the LMI is calculated on the actual LVR (excluding LMI) (financier uses Genworth; the calculation is correct per their calculator here: http://www.genworth.com.au/homebuyer-centre/homebuyer-tools/lmi-premium-estimator/ ).

It's a large loan, I suppose (I said ~ $600k; that is the loan, not the property (+/- 15%)).

Never use that cal...it's way off....the bank has different pricing; alwasy get your broker to give you the exact price based on the lender neg/agreed rate rather then a genetic price.

There you go :)

1. Go for an 88.98% LVR, rather then a straight 90% ( which is what your on)...if you can bring extra $1,000 to the table...the cost of the LMI will be $10,000- $18,000 max!!! saving you a few thousand :)

2. If you have worked for more then 2 years at your current place, consider ING ...their LMI will be around $9,000.

Cheers
Michael

Thanks - my LVR is actually around 89.5% - so below the magical 90%. To be honest, I wasn't aware there was so much variability in LMI pricing.

oh 89.5% and it's 14k..that is expensive...:(

Well, I wasn't trying to be too specific with the loan amounts as you never know who reads these forums, but the loan is closer to $700k than $600k.

It's also a lot cheaper than one particular lender I visited (cough, Westpac, cough).

Several lenders that will do it at the 5.50% variable and full offset.

Regards

Shahin

Back