5 x 2 renoed house in Carina for $195,000??!!!

If I'm reading this correctly, it's like 25% built, plans yet to be approved by council, on a leasehold site? Presumably you'll have to buy the land freehold and then complete the house, IF council approval is granted.

There has to be a reason why they're selling this. Interesting opportunity, for sure, but there are a lot of unknowns.

I don't know how they got up 3 levels as max height in brisbane (beofre the floods) on normal blocks was 8.5m - I took my house to the absolute max. Surely the owners haven't just whacked up a house with no approval and then gotten busted.

Looking at street view, it looks like the owners have taken the original low-set house, raised it to the third level, renovated it... illegally. With plans to build in under for the lower two levels.

If I'm reading this correctly, it's like 25% built, plans yet to be approved by council, on a leasehold site? Presumably you'll have to buy the land freehold and then complete the house, IF council approval is granted.

There has to be a reason why they're selling this. Interesting opportunity, for sure, but there are a lot of unknowns.

why would you have to buy the land freehold to finishthe build?:confused:

It all looks very illegal and dodgy to me, think I'll call the agent and try and figure out what is going on with it, just cause I'm interested.

Back