5 year fixed rates thread

Steveadl - this is pretty good going - I hadn't thought about the fact you could actively manage a fixed rate exit strategy. Duh. Good job...

If only the banks gave you back "break fees" if you exit at a higher rate.... (or do they? anyone???)

Don't get me wrong, I wouldn't expect to be able to do it at nil cost every time - that's just the way it turned out this time. Next time it may cost me a minimum of $5k for example, but you can still do sums on how that will turn out vs staying etc. There are a lot of variables involved.

I'm pretty sure I've heard of this happening ie. banks calling up and offering you $__k if you unfix your loan. Some of the MB's will be able to give you a definite answer.

Bankwest DECREASED their rates now, 5 years at 6.50% pa.

Trend is still down/flattening at this stage it seems.

Great news, JIT. There is still a glimmer of hope, then. I am biting the bullet on the 10 yr RAMS rate for one IP but sitting on the others for now....

Looking into my nostradamus ball, as the winter sets in the rates will come down further. thats my feeling anyway. The GFC (not Geelong Football club) still has a way to go before the dust settles and things start to improve.

Just documenting Westpac's rates (as of 19/3/09): 6.49% pa, 5 year fixed, with a 0.2% pro pack discount that's 6.29%.

Unfortunately westpac has no offset against a fixed rate loan, I believe..

CUA is a credit union that does and then theres

The Rock as well

Make sure that your FULL current and future needs are met by lenders like ABL CUA and The Rock.

Various smaller lenders may have issues that may get un ur way of future growth.

Please note Im not saying these lenders are good bad or otherwise, just do in depth research pls

ta
rolf

stg is currently 5.94% for 5 years before any propack ... don't know what the conditions are tho. i gather their lending is quite tight at the moment.

With the Propack you get 0.2% off so 5.74%.....but if you have more than one property I believe they X-collateralise! :(

stg is currently 5.94% for 5 years before any propack ... don't know what the conditions are tho. i gather their lending is quite tight at the moment.

This was post #115, on 5/1/09...

And ANZ have gone all the way down to 6.84% for 5 years. The banks are certainly showing reluctance to drop these rates too far. I think anything under 6 for 5 years will be a victory.

I don't recall it dropping below this, but could be wrong...

Back