Takeaway advice:

Don't panic
Put in more super and don't change super allocations shares to cash sit tight
Pay off your house
Don't borrow for unnecessary items
Be conservative
Talk to your nanna
Pay more off your house

Not bad advice for any time I would say.

Well i watched it

Takeaway advice:

Don't panic
Pay off your house
Be conservative
Talk to your nanna
Pay more off your house

you missed his suggestion to get back to lay buy. Thats where i am parking my money....

Talk to your nanna

My nanna (peace be upon her) lived during the 30s in Eastern Europe. She experienced hunger in 35-36. Then was the war. She hated to be in debt. Was counting every penny. And cherished life's experiences most, especially travel.

Did Kochie mean that her values & experiences may become ours?

If you like Rose, you can see more of her (literally ;)) on Secret Diary of A Call Girl.

GP

I've read about it in the TV guides, but we don't get it on the regionals :(
Sounds good though ;)

I caught Kochie and the eye candy presenters as it was on at 6:30 here in WA. Haha Talk to Nana, anyone here know a good medium? :p
I thought the big guy in the dark suit was going to flame on when he was standing in front of the barbie. If nothing else that would have made it worth wasting a half hour for.

The Dr was def. worth missing everything else for though, a ripper tonight.

Cheers,
Beef.

My nanna (peace be upon her) lived during the 30s in Eastern Europe. She experienced hunger in 35-36. Then was the war. She hated to be in debt. Was counting every penny. And cherished life's experiences most, especially travel.

Did Kochie mean that her values & experiences may become ours?

I cant remember if i read it in Empire of Debt, or Mobs, Missiahs and Markets by the Agora Group (im sure sunfish will be able to tell us:D)
Anway one of the underlying themes was heightened global instability when there is no dominant world nation or during a transfer from the world declining nation to the world accending nation. Reference was made to the decline of the Roman empire, to the security of investments in Asia, Africa and the middle East during the 19th century by the major european countries, to no dominant nation between the start of the 20th century to the end of world war II, and to the relatively peaceful transfer of dominance from England to the USA post WWII.

These sought of themes need to be taken with a grain of salt, but there are some disturbing correlations.

That has to be the worst tv special that 7 has ever presented. Just terrible. The questions were stupid and not answered. What a waste of time. Even Koch looked not -real.
LL

Well i watched it

Takeaway advice:

Don't panic
Pay off your house
Be conservative
Talk to your nanna
Pay more off your house

My opinion: I like Koshy. Pretty straightforward.

But as to the above advice: Nothing new. If people are as bad off as they are all saying.....they would or SHOULD be doing this anyway.

Def Mum and Dad advice.

Regards JO

3. Retirees living off a fixed annuity.

If I was one of these, I'd be very concerned about my money, Wall Street or no Wall Street. Fixed income annuities just don't cut it for people who are expected to live 20 years after retirement.

Inflation is a silent killer.

Mark

I noticed no comments about this show having been on. I watched it for a while, but in the end swapped over, what a load of rubbish! The lady anchoring the show kept cutting people off. Michael Pascoe seemed like he had something decent to add, but she just shut him down to talk to some pre-pared dill from the suburbs.
And Koschey.... aka john michael howsen...
This COULD have been a good show, but was total trash.
Hold Hold Hold....

Absolutely Nat.

It'd take a lot more than the end of capitalism or the world as we know for me to miss the Doctor kicking Dalek butt.

And Rose is on tonight as a bonus :cool:
Should be an extra special episode.

Cheers,
Beef.

Cliff Hanger :( I hope they bring David Tenant back next series. He is seriously hot!

Considering the viewing audience, anything David Koch does is going to be dumbed down. You wont get the real scoop because its too complicated for a lot of people and takes too long to go through.

It's only a cliff hanger until next week (even less if you want to do a bit of a web search ;)). One more episode to go for this season.

GP

Spoilers! I can wait for Sunday - something to look forward to.

CashflowPlus said:
not sure which episode is currently airing here in oz but yep, tennant's back for at least the 2008 christmas special.

Yay!

Back