95% loan

4am and it's too hot to sleep.

Please explain what your idea of a good credit rating is. You're likely thinking of what they use in the US. Australia only had neutral to bad credit ratings (there's no such thing as 'good').

If you've bought a house or two in the last year and done one or two other things to trigger a credit enquiry, you may well find that your rating is actually 'bad' when it comes to a 95% lend, even though you never miss a repayment.

How easy it is to get a 95% loan will also depend on how leveraged you are with your other investments and how good your affordability is.

No debt only good mortgage debt
No credit card debt
mortgages paid on time everytime
Never hire purchased anything, so I won't show up in harvey normans or a car yard etc - pay cash for any item like this
70-80% LVR

Would a credit enquiry be triggered by me opening up a new bank account or similer?

No debt only good mortgage debt
No credit card debt
mortgages paid on time everytime
Never hire purchased anything, so I won't show up in harvey normans or a car yard etc - pay cash for any item like this
70-80% LVR

Would a credit enquiry be triggered by me opening up a new bank account or similer?

New bank accounts- not really, but i seen some banks do it especially for overdraft accounts...., electricity and mobile yes- ie any "credit" = yes.

I best way to find out is to get a copy of your credit file ( your entitled to 1 free report on your own credit once a year) and look at how many "credit inquiries" you had in the last 12 - 24 month. The less you have the better, especially in the last 6 month- you would want it to be 0-1.

Regards
Michael

New bank accounts- not really, but i seen some banks do it especially for overdraft accounts...., electricity and mobile yes- ie any "credit" = yes.

I best way to find out is to get a copy of your credit file ( your entitled to 1 free report on your own credit once a year) and look at how many "credit inquiries" you had in the last 12 - 24 month. The less you have the better, especially in the last 6 month- you would want it to be 0-1.

Regards
Michael

Okay thanks, I was actually just thinking about subscribing to get my credit report regualy but then I was thinking, will this mean that when DNB do the search for me and send it to me that then I will have 1 credit check which will show up? obviously I'm looking to try and get a 95% loan so then if I do a check now then the bank will see one check has been done if that makes sense

Do you brokers not sleep or something, there's enough of you on here.

I know my rating is good and no faults etc, but you never know with banks so this is why I am trying to pick your guys and girls brains, that's what this forums for aint it

considering you have probably the three best, and most proactive, brokers in Australia chatting to you on this thread - why not just pick one of them and go for it?

Stop farting around ... imo

Okay thanks, I was actually just thinking about subscribing to get my credit report regualy but then I was thinking, will this mean that when DNB do the search for me and send it to me that then I will have 1 credit check which will show up? obviously I'm looking to try and get a 95% loan so then if I do a check now then the bank will see one check has been done if that makes sense

These type of "Searches" only show up under the category "Access view" not under "credit inquires" so it's ok.

Regards
Michael

considering you have probably the three best, and most proactive, brokers in Australia chatting to you on this thread - why not just pick one of them and go for it?

Stop farting around ... imo

Well considering I have a broker I don't think I need another one.

I am picking there brains, aint that what this forum is here for?

So why aren't you picking your existing brokers brain?

mmm how do I answer this
Well any person that only picks one persons brain shouldn't be in business, if I pick my brokers brain along with people on this forum and other people I have contact with, then I will be well informed and I will make a business decision that is 100% correct rather than making a business decision that is only 50% correct
My broker is good but he aint god. the more knowledge I have of something the better I will be, so that is why

mmm how do I answer this
Well any person that only picks one persons brain shouldn't be in business, if I pick my brokers brain along with people on this forum and other people I have contact with, then I will be well informed and I will make a business decision that is 100% correct rather than making a business decision that is only 50% correct
My broker is good but he aint god. the more knowledge I have of something the better I will be, so that is why

That's why i choose God as my broker, accountant, agent, lawyer, family doctor and mechanic :p:)

I just pray it works out well :cool:

Regards
Michael

Regards
Michael

Okay, so got the report and in the last 6 months I have 1 check from my bank renewing credit card, 1 application for property loan and 1 enquiry about a new phone account.

In the last 2 years I have very similer activity but triple it plus a little
All healthy looking

How will that look to the mortgage insurer tho?

I noticed that some loans are not showing on the file check, also 1 of my companies does not show either

I can also see the dollar figure of some of my property loan enquiries, can anyone see this that does a search on me?

Cheers

Okay, so got the report and in the last 6 months I have 1 check from my bank renewing credit card, 1 application for property loan and 1 enquiry about a new phone account.

Renewing credit card is ok- as long as it's not on a frequent basis ( sign of credit default) and it's not the westpac one :)

1 app for property loan - ....will question why you didnt go ahead unless it;s the same bank; having one is okish but not the best.

1 phone is ok.

LMI will question you quite a bit about your 1 property loan + may need proof of outcome( given it's a high LVR lend)

In the last 2 years I have very similer activity but triple it plus a little
All healthy looking

That's not a good sign. But it will all depends on type of inquiry, frequency, which company, date, amount, outcome and reasons/story.

I noticed that some loans are not showing on the file check, also 1 of my companies does not show either

The 2 main CR companies are Verda and Brad and Bradstreet- they sometimes hold different data; so hence the lenders will do both CR check especially if LMI is involved or the deal is a bit weak.

So you may want to do both CR check

Lastly, how many companies do you have?? having multiple companies is a bit ifffyyy....:rolleyes:

I can also see the dollar figure of some of my property loan enquiries, can anyone see this that does a search on me?

Cheers

Yes they can.

Regards
Michael

Renewing credit card is ok- as long as it's not on a frequent basis ( sign of credit default) and it's not the westpac one :)

1 app for property loan - ....will question why you didnt go ahead unless it;s the same bank; having one is okish but not the best.

1 phone is ok.

LMI will question you quite a bit about your 1 property loan + may need proof of outcome( given it's a high LVR lend)

That's not a good sign. But it will all depends on type of inquiry, frequency, which company, date, amount, outcome and reasons/story.

The 2 main CR companies are Verda and Brad and Bradstreet- they sometimes hold different data; so hence the lenders will do both CR check especially if LMI is involved or the deal is a bit weak.

So you may want to do both CR check

Lastly, how many companies do you have?? having multiple companies is a bit ifffyyy....:rolleyes:

Yes they can.

Regards
Michael

Credit card was actually a renewal I think, as my old card expired, they must have done a check before sending me a new one.

app for property loan did go threw, it was a refinance

I have several companies but all long standing, not fly by nighters and each serve a purpose

Just out of curiosity, how far back do banks look when you apply for a home loan - 6 to 12 months or longer?

Also, what happens if you've recently changed your name (due to marriage) and also moved interstate? i don't have my old drivers license number on me. Would that be part of my record?

Don't worry

95% loan is not a big deal . Anz can do this if u have existing lending for 6 months (overdraft,credit card etc). Can even go to 97% inc lmi

95% loan is not a big deal . Anz can do this if u have existing lending for 6 months (overdraft,credit card etc). Can even go to 97% inc lmi

You obviously have never done a 95% + cap LMI loan before. Especially if you are buying property in the Gold Coast.

Back