A few cracks on the apartment brick wall

I've just interested in a modest well-maintained 12 years old apartment.
I think the unit size is good (bigger than the newer apartment around the area) but there are a few cracks on the brick wall. I asked the agent but his answer didn't convince me "the tenant installed a new phone line so cable line and running through the wall".

Also requested a copy of the contract, hopefully will find out from there. If not, anyone with more experience can recommend what things to be considered in this situation? I was advised that minor cracks can be fixed and repainted ?
EDIT: my concern about the fix is it's involved strata to schedule for the pro to come over which might take along time ?

Have had the same issue with one of my IP's which is a strata townhouse. Another house in the complex had similar issues to what you are explaining. The repair went through strata for the three professional quotes etc. and then to be voted on by the complex. Not sure of the exact time frame from start to finish, or if it has been finished yet however I do remember receiving the quotes towards the end of last yearand further correspondence about it about 2 months ago.

From memory the quotes ranged from a couple of hundred to 2K depending on what way it was repaired.

JUst be aware that whilst the cracks may be the responsibility of the OC to repair, it doesnt mean they will actually fix it immediately. If its a lower priority compared to other works the admin/sinking funds are slated for, it may get deferred for months or years.

Hmm.. wonder if I could call our own professionals for a quick fix, I don't mind to pay a bit for that. It'll definitely look better when we do a house warming party.

I've just interested in a modest well-maintained 12 years old apartment.
I think the unit size is good (bigger than the newer apartment around the area) but there are a few cracks on the brick wall. I asked the agent but his answer didn't convince me "the tenant installed a new phone line so cable line and running through the wall".

Also requested a copy of the contract, hopefully will find out from there. If not, anyone with more experience can recommend what things to be considered in this situation? I was advised that minor cracks can be fixed and repainted ?
EDIT: my concern about the fix is it's involved strata to schedule for the pro to come over which might take along time ?

normally depending how deep and how long the cracks are - there could be something structurally wrong with the apartment. There could be some dude either upstairs or downstairs in the ground floor who may have done something. One could have drilled into the cement slab on the ground floor and maybe touched or hit a post tension tendons. You need to get it checked or at least check with the strata what kind of renovations have occured in the past.

Back