A law question

suggo said:
I'm just wondering, are PM's breaking a law when they charge two different rates for the same service?
Suggo,

Go to two different supermarket chains & compare the price for identical products. They're quite likely to be different even though they come from the same supplier.

Ask a lawyer what their per hour fee is for doing a certain task. Then ask them what rate they normally charge for doing that task (if they'll tell you).

Ask two people doing the same job for the same company with the same experience if they earn the same wage.

I don't believe the government fixes prices in the PM industry either.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Hi Suggo,

If you have multiple properties being managed, it is possible to negotiate a reduced management fee if they want you business.

That way the agent will be offering the same service - property management - with two different fees being charged.

Cheers,
Bmok :)

Every signed agency agreement to manage property is a new agreement between 2 parties, at rates agreed to by both parties. Nothing to do with anyone else, or any other agreement. Demand a fair rate for good work, and a fairer rate for extra properties.
good luck ;)
suggo said:
I'm just wondering, are PM's breaking a law when they charge two different rates for the same service?

No not at all, as the others have said each contract is negotiated to suit both landlord and agent in each circumstance.

Same as if you went to buy a new car, Although two people might pay a different price for the same car because of the deal they negotiated, it's not against the law to sell the same car at different prices.

Jarrod
Jarrod Lane Real Estate :p

Back