A week without power

Oh how good was the hot shower I had this morning :D I have a new appreciation of home comforts.

While appreciating the SES, Ausgrid etc, I also have an appreciation of McDonalds at Salamander where the staff slaved 24 hrs to feed us - KFC and Dominoes also did their bit. The shopping centre atSalamander was open but no point in buying food as no cooking facilities for most of us on the Tomaree Peninsula.

Shopping centre at Nelson Bay closed only opened Monday, Shoal Bay shops without power until Tuesday.

I feel for the others whose homes were damaged and flooded.

And then there were those of us - right in the guts of it - who (on a combined total of 42 acres between two properties) only had one minor tree down and no loss of power ... kinda feel guilty

And then there were those of us - right in the guts of it - who (on a combined total of 42 acres between two properties) only had one minor tree down and no loss of power ... kinda feel guilty

Luck of the game, dont feel guilty :)

Heard the tree in front yard break apart, fall and block off the front door, no damage to the house, so we were lucky - son & I managed to chop it up and leave it out front of house.

Lake Macquarie Council and Newcastle Council have arrangements to pick up all the debris but Port Stephens Council has just offered a free dump at the tip, big of them :rolleyes: - how are we supposed to get it to the tip :(

PS Am aware that a lot of people have suffered a lot more.

Yes I know that feeling. We survived TC Marcia with little house damage but massive clean up of trees and yard, and of course power off for a week. Home comforts - you really appreciate them when you miss them!!

Back