Acacia Ridge or Runcorn

Good morning all,
I am after some local Brisbane knowledge. I am looking at townhouse style IP in these areas, for under $400. Without a quick flight to Brisbane which is not possible, could anyone shed some light on location, transport or general info re the two areas.
Any extra info would be great!
Thankyou all

Good morning all,
I am after some local Brisbane knowledge. I am looking at townhouse style IP in these areas, for under $400. Without a quick flight to Brisbane which is not possible, could anyone shed some light on location, transport or general info re the two areas.
Thankyou all

Acacia Ridge is next door to the Archerfield airport.
Runcorn's one redeeming feature is probably the train station.
But I was a Northsider, so probably best to ask someone else ;)

Good morning all,
Thankyou all

I don't think you will be able to purchase much more than a letterbox in either burb for under $400. Or did you mean $400k?

Acacia Ridge is not a location to look for town houses, the suburb is semi industrial with older houses. Stay away from the main arterial roads as they can become clogged with trucks etc.
Runcorn has a more diversified selection of stock with both houses and TH.
Fruitgrove station is a plus when within walking distance but you wouldn't want anything too close to the train line.
Also The Bradken factory off Beenleigh rd can pump out some bad quality air at certain times of the day and you wouldn't want to be too close to this either IMO

I was in your position six months back. Based in Melbourne had to do lot of research. I had the same buget. I had decided on Runcorn due to transport and other profiles. i saw one TH appeared in the market, single story with over 300 sq land , very low BC. Without seeing the place, i offered $10k less than asking price. Knocked back, and in 48 hours sold to someone at the asking price.After two weeks one morning i found the property back in the market. Agent confirmed , contract crashed due to finance. We offered the asking price, and settled in 90 days, leased at around 6.5% return immediately. I havent seen the place yet, but was confident after the first contract crashed as someone has inspected and found worth the price..! This is my recent story..Good luck cheers

Back