Accidental damager or wear and tear?

I'm completing the insurance claim for one of my properties now that the bond claim issue has been sorted and I'm not sure whether to add an item to the accidental damage section of the claim.

All 3 of the toilets in the property had cracks in them around the S bend and lower. I noticed the taps had been turned off on each and when they were turned back on by me, the water flowed onto the floor. The toilets and the tap behind the toilets needed replacing. The tenants never reported the leaks or cracking of the toilets.

Is it just bad luck that all 3 were damaged and put it down to wear and tear? Or is it more likely to be damage by the tenants and fair to add it to the accidental damage claim?

you can only claim the three toilets under accidental damage if they all happened at the same time..other wise will be treated as 3 claims, you can unless its malicious, then its one claim.

what policy do you have ? the name of it..

The policy is with EBM. As the tenants didn't report the problem/s I can't identify whether they cracked at the same time or different.

thats why i ask, as im an insurance assessor and do dmaage to houses by tenants etc...

its up to you to say they happened all same time..which you cant, so they will say 3 claims..means 3 excesses. they will get inspection reports to see if agent picked it up if you have one or notified etc.

yr exess may be far to much...u can get new toilets from bunnings pretty cheap and 3 wld be lower than yr excess im sure.

Accidental damage
Sudden, unforeseen, unexpected and unintended loss or damage, which is
not 'Malicious damage', and which is not an ?Insured Event? and which is not otherwise excluded by this Policy.

Excess The first amount of any claim which must be paid by you in relation to each loss or damage or a series of losses ordamages arising out of any one event
) Breakage of:
Any fixed glass, shower base, basin, sink, bath,lavatory pan or cistern or glass forming part of an item of furniture

The words from your policy but double check...so if cant be attributed to one incident, it may be classed as 3...

But double check as sometimes they may allow it as just one claim but thats up to the insurer..

Back