Acreage close to Melbourne CBD - opinions?

Victoria has done and continues to do well in overall investing, especially regional areas, Bacchus Marsh

Approximately 40 minutes by train, around 45 mins by road (48 kms).

The person who wrote those stats have obviously never caught a train from the marsh station... I caught the 7:19am express this morning that goes right through to the city which according to the timetable should be a 47min trip but in reality takes a bit longer to Southern Cross as there's always congestion near North Melbourne station. Get one of the normal services that stops at Melton and deer Park you won't get much change out of an hour.

And that's assuming one of the archaic Carriage or sprinter trains haven't broken down....

Hi

I have the section 32 for the property in the web link posted above by dan_89 which is located at 182 Eramosa Road West Somerville Victoria. Everyone should stay well away from it as the site is contaminated and will cost big money to clean it up.

The land is also subject to inundation.

Regards,

alicudi

Thanks Alicudi, very interesting! I only saw it on realestate.com.au and never actually viewed the property.. Now I understand why it is so cheap! Did you attend the auction?

Hi

In regards to the property at 182 Eramosa Road East Somerville, I spoke to the agent and requested a copy of the section 32.

The section 32 has a notice from the EPA to the current vendor and they have busted him dumping illegal fill into the ground on a large scale including items like sharps containers (medical waste) and asbestos. A number of trenches were dug on the land and an EPA notice issued to clean up the site and this has still not been done as yet! This is very bad and very costly.

I didn't attend the auction.

Regards,

alicudi

Many thanks for all the suggestions. Lots of the places mentioned are lovely but unfortunately they are 1 hour plus on the train, so my partner won't consider it!

Little River is a possibility, as is Diggers Rest.

Many thanks again, everyone.

The NE suburbs are popular for this sort of property.

North Warrandyte is probably a 20 min drive to a train station and then 40 min train into the city.

If you want to build your dream home, there is 1.5 acres available.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-residential land-vic-north warrandyte-200333691

Noice,i like it!

Mate just bought 1.5 acres of vacant hilly land in lysterfield. Was around $800k I think.

Ur mate will do well,seen a surveyor doing his job,the lots were snapped up sharply in days just off wello.

Victoria has done and continues to do well in overall investing, especially regional areas, Bacchus Marsh

Approximately 40 minutes by train, around 45 mins by road (48 kms).

Land and more land,yeah should do ok :rolleyes:

Hi

I have the section 32 for the property in the web link posted above by dan_89 which is located at 182 Eramosa Road West Somerville Victoria. Everyone should stay well away from it as the site is contaminated and will cost big money to clean it up.

The land is also subject to inundation.

Regards,

alicudi
Simply :eek:

bbmick,ur on the money :D...U can't go wrong though but there are deals closer.

Many thanks for all the suggestions. Lots of the places mentioned are lovely but unfortunately they are 1 hour plus on the train, so my partner won't consider it!

Little River is a possibility, as is Diggers Rest.

Many thanks again, everyone.

All i say is 'behold' the land of plenty of undevo land in the west :D

Good luck :rolleyes:

Though it's ur ppor,cg's is moot.

Cheers Spades.

This one is advertised $850+ (Auction)

On an acre, very close to city bus (runs every 10 minutes at peak) and takes about an hour into town (depending on which side of city)

My only issue is that it is rather close to the power lines, but that's a personal thing.

The Y-man

Back