Adelaide - Blinds installation or curtain rods

Newbie question:

For a new IP, is it the responsibility of the landlord to put in blinds or, at a minimum, have rods bolted in ready for curtains?

Can someone recommend a tradie or company in Adelaide that, can either just put in rods, or blinds?

And, what type of blinds do you normally put in your IPs?

Thanks!

As a LL you need to supply the window treatments. You don't HAVE to. But really, why suffer the objection from prospective tenants?

Personally I'd go the timber-look venetians - but that's just a personal preference. In some areas curtains are perfectly acceptable depending on your IP and its target market.

Thanks for tips Prop! The IP will be a unit, I think I like vertical blinds, but have no idea on prices yet, so, see how we go.

Cheers! :cool:

Hi,
Bunnings provide free measure and quote and the product is good. Also try vesta blinds. They hv specials. Installing blinds is pretty easy. We did it for 2 brand new properties in few hours.

Good luck.

A year and a half onwards, we missed out on getting blinds in the 2nd room. We were requested by the tenant to have it put in place.

launch

I can see why the blinds company did not put blinds in there. But realistically, what can we put there? It feels too small to put blinds in.

Thanks!

hi miss_green_eyes,

The property is in Adelaide. So it is an interstate investment for us. ( I know it's cost of doing business ) Getting a person in there would cost more than the blinds itself, for such small windows.

Cheers.

Can you get a handyman to go in and drill some curtain rails for you?
Get him to pick up some curtains at the same time?
Or, if it's possible, just say no to the tenant.
I don't know about the rules in adelaide, whether you have to provide blinds. If that room is a bedroom, I assume you must though.

Back