Adelaide - Public Transport to Unley Park

Hi guys,

For those of you living in Adelaide, I wanted to get some advice in areas in terms of public transport.

My son has been accepted into Unley Primary. I think this had to do with the fact that my work will be based in Unley and I will be able to give him a lift to and from school every day.

There will be occasions that my son will need to reply on public transport, so we would like to have the option of him getting a bus.

I started looking at areas (in the west and south west) where you are able to get one bus to Unley Park, which are the following:

1: Dover Gardens - Bus 300 (60mins)
2: Flinders Park - Bus 100 (44mins)

Are there any other areas (in the west and south west) that you can recommend where one bus can be caught to Unley Park, preferably taking under 60mins?

As mentioned, public transport for my son is just a backup plan if for some reason i cannot take and fetch him from school.

Look forward to hearing from you.

Regards,
Robbie

Unley is only a few minutes from the city. Nearly all bus routes go through the CBD, so, rather than restrict your options to areas with direct routes to Unley, you could look at other options that would involve taking a bus to/from the city and jumping on the bus to/from the destination in Unley.

Yup, thanks for the advice.. i also thought of that..

As the journey will be for an 11-12 year old, i prefer the idea of him hoping on one bus from start to finish.. less room for error and getting lost lol

Yup, thanks for the advice.. i also thought of that..

As the journey will be for an 11-12 year old, i prefer the idea of him hoping on one bus from start to finish.. less room for error and getting lost lol

My kids were doing it around that age and it's no problem at all. You would have to try real hard to stuff it up or get lost. Its Adelaide. There's nowhere to get lost :)
The "bus hub" in the CBD is very well signed and well laid out. They make it very hard for anyone get it wrong.

Well we plan to live west or south of the CBD, so that kinda cuts out the option of using the CBD hub. i.e. theres no point travelling from the south to the cbd, then travelling back south to unley.

When we have taken a few variables into consideration, such as distance to work and beach, reasonably priced rentals for a 4 bedder, single bus to Unley Park... and Flinders Park seems to tick most the boxes.

Back