Adelaide: Renovation materials

Hey guys.

My tenants are moving out in the next 6 weeks, which is earlier than i expected, so am forced to rush my approach to looking for renovating materials.

I have decided on a quick cosmetic reno as everything seems to be in order from his reports.

Looking for floorboards, carpet, paint, kitchen cupboards & some new light fittings etc. Are there any places any of you have had good luck with, or would a place like Bunnings be the best to go for most of these?

The place is small, 2br and about 53sqm. Id like to keep the reno to $7000 or under if i can.

Hey guys.

My tenants are moving out in the next 6 weeks, which is earlier than i expected, so am forced to rush my approach to looking for renovating materials.

I have decided on a quick cosmetic reno as everything seems to be in order from his reports.

Looking for floorboards, carpet, paint, kitchen cupboards & some new light fittings etc. Are there any places any of you have had good luck with, or would a place like Bunnings be the best to go for most of these?

The place is small, 2br and about 53sqm. Id like to keep the reno to $7000 or under if i can.

Carpet - most places that sell carpet ie. Bunnings, Carpet Call, etc, sell hardwearing but cheap 'landlords' carpet (it doesn't look too bad either). I'd go with that.

Paint - I wouldn't go too cheap, unless you can get some mis colours in decent quality (ring the Solver stores). You need paint that is decent washable paint because it's always cheaper to give it a good scrub between tenants, rather than always touching up or repainting.

Light fittings - Bunnings, Target, KMart, Big W. You don't need anything expensive or elaborate (if you're going to bother that is).

Kitchen - Caa Kitchens in Adelaide are REALLY REALLY cheap and of great quality. A few formites incuding myself have purchased from there. Rob Williams has purchased multiple kitchens from them. Ph. no. is 0430068699.

Awesome!

Will def look into CAA Kitchens. I was thinking about a whole new kitchen to put in, but now think i may put a new benchtop, doors and handles, as the tenant has said that everything is still in good working order.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Back