Advertising now showing on SS

Is anyone else getting advertising throughout threads showing on SS??

Its at the top & bottom of pages as well.

Just started showing today.

Hit the print screen button on your keyboard when you see them, paste in Paint, then upload via free uploading websites.

I'm not seeing any.

Hit the print screen button on your keyboard when you see them, paste in Paint, then upload via free uploading websites.

I'm not seeing any.

Upload via free uploading websites??

Thanks for the help Mate but Im just an ordinary property millionaire! :eek:

Here 2 shots.......

Attachments

• SS1.jpg
    SS1.jpg
    97.3 KB · Views: 165
  • SS2.jpg
    SS2.jpg
    95.2 KB · Views: 147
Is anyone else getting advertising throughout threads showing on SS??

Its at the top & bottom of pages as well.

Just started showing today.

It's malware on your computer - we do NOT show adverts on Somersoft.

Let me find a solution for you ... will post a link ...

Rixter - you have what's called "ads not by this site" malware - if you look carefully at the adverts on the page, you'll notice in small writing under each ad the text "ads not by this site".

You should try the following instructions for removing this:

http://malwaretips.com/blogs/remove-ads-not-by-this-site/

... make sure you have good antivirus and anti-malware software on your computer. Malwarebytes is good.

Thanks Sim I will give it a go.......SS is the only site Im getting the adds, for you info.

Try visiting YouTube - you'll probably get it there too. I believe it is also supposed to target Facebook.

It only inserts ads into certain sites with a known page structure so it can seamlessly insert them into the correct spots. The vBulletin software we run is very widely used and well known - you'll probably find the ads on other vB sites too.

While we're at it, it's a good time for anyone with a windows computer to install this program.

There are lots of viruses, scams and malware where the easiest fix is running malwarebytes. Unfortunately there's also a bunch that are clever enough to block you from downloading it.

Having it pre-downloaded and pre-installed before you run into trouble can make fix-ups 100x easier.

I'd recommend putting the money you'd have to spend on a good anti virus / anti malware program for Windows XP is better put towards upgrading to Windows 7 which comes with an excellent MS built one for free. Stuff like this is (almost) a thing of the past since Win 7.

Back