Advice for reading material ?

Hi Guys,
I am new to this...my partner and I have sort of stumbled into a PPOR and two IP's by accident and circumstances really. Now we need to set up a plan to free up a bit of cash that we are currently using to pay the rental shortfalls and expenses assoc with those properties.
Could you people please recommend some reading to start me off.
I really do only just know the basics so to keep it simple for starters would be good and I guess material relevant to current financial times would help.
I started reading Michael Yardneys books and feel a bit overwhelmed by it all.
Thanks Heaps

First of all welcome.

Secondly just about anything and everything you need to know about property investing and more you will find on this forum. So read up.

Michaels books will give you a basic and overall veiw. Also look for margaret lomas and steve mcnight books which are also good. Search for the investment book thread and you will find alot of good ones.

And with your question it seems like you are struggling with cashflow is that right?

You can fix this by
1. Paying down debt or selling
2. Increasing rents maybe through a reno or rent out by the room etc
3. Or increase your personal income to cope with the shortfall.

Hope this helps

Cheers

Hi there

There's a good sticky thread on recommended reading here -http://somersoft.com/forums/showthread.php?t=9652

Cheers

Jamie

"The Richest man in Babylon" is an oldie but a goody on managing finances. It makes for an easy read as it is told in a story with financial principles interwoven through out. I can send you a pdf version free of charge if you like?

Back