advice on caboolture area

hi everyone, ive been reading advice by posters on this site and think its great that there are people who are genuinely interested to help others not so experienced in property investing.:)
its caused me to go looking for my own ip. could anyone give me some advice on the caboolture area, in particular burpengary. i hear they are planning some big development there with a marina being proposed? would this increase/affect the price of property there?
1 am looking at a new house and land package for approx 385k?
any advice would be much appreciated.

Hi Mogul,

I recently bought a home in Caboolture sight unseen. I travelled to QLD last weekend to view the property and I was very impressed with the purchase, the area, the development that will continue to attract people to the area etc etc . I had a drive around the Caboolture / Morayfield area and the was impressed with all the infastructure and the city itself, many months of researching has paid off. The website below was supplied by AArrghh and is full of great information. I also recommend www.qld.gov.au to help with your research. I have found a very experienced property manager whom I find very proffesional and will be happy for her to manage our IP for many years.

Ok, hope this helps.

Regards,
Lisa

http://www.profileone.com.au/blog/

Hello Mogul

Welcome to the forum.

I like that part of the world as well. Here is the link to the proposed marina. It's 326 hectacres of proposed development! Lots of jobs and possible future tennants.:)

The developer has a lot of hoops to jump through first to get approval.

It sounds like an instant suburb. Just add water.

Aaron

Last edited:
thanks for the advice lisa and aaron, it sounds like its going to be a great place to invest but do you think 385k for a new house and land is overpriced at the moment?

thanks for the advice lisa and aaron, it sounds like its going to be a great place to invest but do you think 385k for a new house and land is overpriced at the moment?

There are brand new 4 bedroom houses for sale for 360k in a good estate. So maybe a little on the expensive side? but it depends on the size of the house, land etc. But 385k seems alot, you'd be better better off buying the land and finding a builder yourself.

Search for posts by sue78

thanks for advice frank, a couple more questions though,
which estate are you referring to? and are they still available?
do you know how much land costs there? and how much it would cost to build a 4 bed 2 bath house?

Central Lakes is one - I think you can get a 700sqm piece of dirt for about 180k

20k misc costs (stamps etc)

340k ish? Still 45k less.

You could probably build someting for less than 140k. Search for posts by Sue78, she has detailed the building costs in Brisbane on many posts. Also "Letiha"

Hi Mogul

Check whether the price is turnkey or not and also what is the arrangement with purchase? If you are putting just a few thousand dollars down until completion which could be a year away there would be no holding costs so that could make a big difference too. I have done well with house and land packages, as have many other people on the forum.

Sparky

Do some builders/developers take a small deposit and negotiable to not have any payemnst till handover?

That does make building a more attaractive offer... When I was working it out the progress payments were making the holding costs alittle too high.. there fore buying an established house looked like a better option.

Back