Advice on Plumpton NSW

Hi Everyone,
I ahve been thinking for quite sometime for the next IP.
I am now decided to follow Nathan and get something in Plumpton, Shelvy, Whalan etc...

I narrow down a property in Plumpton which has the potential of converting into a dual occupancy.

Need advice on the follow:.
1. How long it takes to get approval from Blacktown council for the Granny flat conversion.
2. Advice on Plumpton. Street to avoid...
3. GC appraisal etc.

Thanks in advance...

Velli

1. How long it takes to get approval from Blacktown council for the Granny flat conversion.
If you get a property that fully complies and does not have any issues, then the promise is for a 10 day approval from a Private Certifier. Give the Council a wide berth.

Avoid streets with clusters of housing commission.

3. GC appraisal etc.
It has been a bit flat. See chart. Lines are CG. Bars are volume of sales.

Attachments

• PlumptonCG.jpg
    PlumptonCG.jpg
    47.6 KB · Views: 109
Last edited:
Thanks Propertunity

Hi Propertunity:)
Thanks for the advice. I will check with council and calrify.
In regards to the Housing commission houses, where can i find the information. I am unable to get the details from Google...

Regards
Velli

Hi Propertunity:)
Thanks for the advice. I will check with council and calrify.
Stay away from Council. :cool:
Ask somebody like Brazen from the SS forum here: http://somersoft.com/forums/member.php?u=16831

In regards to the Housing commission houses, where can i find the information. I am unable to get the details from Google...
Velli, I don't know how a private individual does this. We do it with our subscription only database and mapping software.

Hi Everyone,
I ahve been thinking for quite sometime for the next IP.
I am now decided to follow Nathan and get something in Plumpton, Shelvy, Whalan etc...

I narrow down a property in Plumpton which has the potential of converting into a dual occupancy.

3. GC appraisal etc.

Thanks in advance...

Velli

Hi Velli,

Dealing with councils generally isn't the most enjoyable thing but Blacktown council is one of the best in Sydney (along with Holroyd council).

The first step is to download the DA guide from Blacktown council and ensure that the property you are purchasing and the type of development you are looking to do (i.e. granny flat) meets the conditions of the council.

You can also engage the town planner within council and have a meeting with them to discuss the potential property you are purchasing. They have 15 minute meetings so you need to be prepared when meeting them.

Also is there a reason why you are not aiming for an attached dual occupancy instead of granny flat? Is it a budget thing?

Regards

kvellimalai - best way to learn about streets is to:

1. Go to realestate.com.au
2. Click "Find an Agent"
3. Type in suburb and search
4. Go to each website of each REA
5. Write down phone number (on pad or excel)
6. Call as many agents as you can and ask them where the good and bad streets are.

Hi Velli,

Dealing with councils generally isn't the most enjoyable thing but Blacktown council is one of the best in Sydney (along with Holroyd council).

The first step is to download the DA guide from Blacktown council and ensure that the property you are purchasing and the type of development you are looking to do (i.e. granny flat) meets the conditions of the council.

You can also engage the town planner within council and have a meeting with them to discuss the potential property you are purchasing. They have 15 minute meetings so you need to be prepared when meeting them.

Also is there a reason why you are not aiming for an attached dual occupancy instead of granny flat? Is it a budget thing?

Regards

Hi Shahin Afarin
Thanks for your comments and recommendations?
The property already has a detached home and one cottage. I am planning to convert the cottage to a granny flat (which will be minimal expense). It is possible it can easily convert into a dual occupancy as it has wide frontage.
As I am planning to buy through SMSF, I don't thinks bank's will lend me the money to do the renovation.
By the way I saw you are in 100, Miller Street North Sydney and I am just 10 buildings up in the north...
Will call you on Monday and we can have a chat....:)

Regards
Velli

Hi Shahin Afarin
Thanks for your comments and recommendations?
The property already has a detached home and one cottage. I am planning to convert the cottage to a granny flat (which will be minimal expense). It is possible it can easily convert into a dual occupancy as it has wide frontage.
As I am planning to buy through SMSF, I don't thinks bank's will lend me the money to do the renovation.
By the way I saw you are in 100, Miller Street North Sydney and I am just 10 buildings up in the north...
Will call you on Monday and we can have a chat....:)

Regards
Velli

Hi Velli,

You can renovate the property as long as the money used to fund the improvements are not sourced. This means you will need to source the funds yourself. You have to be very careful if you are going down the 'developing' path once you have purchased the property under a SMSF.

Happy for you to come into the office - we can grab a coffee and discuss further. Just shoot me an email to lock in a time.

Back