Advice on the Caboolture area please

Hello All,

Thinking of purchasing IP2 in Caboolture. Numbers add up, vendor wants a quick sale and willing to negotiate under market price for a quick sale, have done my research on the Brisy area for many months now. I have found a PM who provided me with a very proffessional Property Managment Plan and a very experienced resume and attitude. Just wondering if anyone can give me some feedback on the Caboolture are as I will be purchasing sight unseen, would appreciate anyones thoughts whether positive or negative.

Appreciate your help

Regards,
Lisa

Hi Snowy

I like Caboolture as a potential IP spot and will be looking to build in one of the new estates their in the near future.

Most places in that area are OK. Just make sure you are not buying in an area the locals know as Waytown. The prices in this area range from the $180k up to about 240k. This area is a nightmare for police and landlords.

Wayne

will second that...

I am working on a couple of bits and pieces in there at the moment and am most impressed.

Like Wayne said, pick your areas, but prices in there are rising and I believe they still have a fair way to go due to new construction and more people moving out from the city.

cheers
UC

Hello Lisa

I have an 1 IP there and will get two more by the end of the year. My builder mate says construction is booming there. I think the place is like a diamond in the rough. Get a good PM.

Cya
Aaron

I like the Caboolture/Morayfield area, and think it is good for median priced properties.

Lots of infrastruture and yes I think there is a way to go with prices.

Caboolture/Morayfield area

Hi all,

I am also looking at buying in the Caboolture Shire in Morayfield. Considering Turnkey package with 4 bed two bathroom home for $362K. Is this a fair price?

Also concerned about this area the locals call Waytown. Can anyone outline where this is?

Regards

George

Also concerned about this area the locals call Waytown. Can anyone outline where this is?

Regards

George

between Torrens Rd and the lakes is where I take it to be......there used to be a service station or something similar there called waytown which is how it got its name. though I think some include the area between Torrens and Caboolture River Rd...

It'd be a good area to buy in IMHO, as the scumbags will get priced out in the next few years, and it is actually a great location.

Just make sure you don't overpay. I looked at it 9 mths ago and wish I would have bought a couple of houses there.

You might check with council to see what their future zoning is....even talk to your local ALP member. If Rudd gets in, a strong possiblity, then some parts of Waytown might be rezoned medium density to make way for some of Rudd's 50,000 affordable dwellings. Being walking distance to the cbd, this isn't far fetched....

Last edited:
Hi CG

You can buy land from 160k to 220k and build 4br ens DLUG from 125k up so 365k would depend on where, size and quality of the dwelling. I would not pay this much. But thats not to say you shouldn't.

Wayne

Hiya Snowy

I had a good look at Caboolture in Nov/Dec 06 when looking for a low price unit as an IP. I found some older (80s) units around $125K to $135K renting for $170-$180/w. It was a buyers market with a low vacancy rate. But I bought another unit down in Logan instead that weekend.

I liked Caboolture with its pop growth and thought it was underpriced at the time. Where there were 20-odd units listed at the prices I mentioned in Dec 06, there are not many for sale now, mostly starting around $160-170K.

The main concern was the soil under most of the units I looked at. There was plenty of movement in many of the buildings, so you'd want to check things out building-wise if looking, especially close to the town centre.

cheers
Michael

I like Caboolture/Morayfield.

1. Express train to the city so very easy to commute.
2. Close to Sunshine Coast/Bribie (beaches).
3. I believe that as Brisbane prices move people will be pushed out to this area and this will inturn drive up the prices.
4. Council appears more development friendly

I'm definatley looking at this area for land to build on for my next projects early next year, i used to live in Morayfield several years ago and I quiet like the area.

I don't think you can go wrong anywhere in QLD at the moment.....but I do think Caboolture has great potential - may have to round up some cash and have a better look there myself!!:p

sq

Yes - nice little gem.

I remember when you could look this information up on the council planning
and development website free before they started to charge to print copies of DA's out.

The more info you can get, the better making an informed decision.

Back