Agents sales commission

I am currently selling one of my properties, the agents sales commission is 5% of the first $18,000 and 2.5% of the balance of the purchase price. Is this amount able to be negotiated normally. I so how much if say the sale price is 290k?

Thanks

Robert

On $290,000 the sales commission would be $7,700 or 2.655%

Agents commission vary and have many factors which include locating of property, services required/offered and agency profile etc.

Commissions normally range from 1% (rare) to 3%, on average agents sales commission would be between 2.2% & 2.6%

I would say that between 2.5% and 3% would be normal for a property sale up to $300k

In Qld, always negotiable....no matter what spin they tell you...if they wont negotiate, get another agent...

having said that its advisable to set the rate before signing agent authorization to sell your property.

there are some who just wont lower their rates, other will be accommodating...shop around but ensure you have someone who is keen to sell not just keen to list it and then forget about it.

personally i rarely have paid top dollar for comissions and i never ever pay for advertising...im a firm believer advertising dollars should come out of commission..

stick to your guns and you will find a suitable agent pretty quick especially if the property is salable and not overpriced.

good luck

Yes, it is in Queensland. Being sold via Ray White. They seem to be quite good in my dealings with them up unitil now. Thanks for your input. It is great to know where we stand.

Rob

Back