Air Asia 1000,000 seats @ 0 fare sale

If you are thinking, who AirAsia are,

check this link

http://www.airasia.com/site/au/en/p...d=261a884e-ac1e00ae-edd9de00-4fe3279d&nav=5-0

I am always skepical of airlines trying to maximise profits and they say that

"AirAsia strives to maximize profit and provide low fares at quality service. The airline has optimised costs by operating a faster turnaround time, improving aircraft utilization and crew efficiency, providing a 'no frills' service, using one type of aircraft to save training costs, all of which result in savings which are passed back to consumers in the form of low fares."

Sounds very much like the southwest and Virgin formula.

rather than what sir reg tried which was to 3 of every aircraft ever made in his fleet

ta
rolf

I think the killer will be airport taxes
You are forced to go through KL and from what I hear they have some very high taxes...:eek:

You are forced to go through KL and from what I hear they have some very high taxes...:eek:

Just got mine booked for a six week stint, tickets for 2 in seats with the extra legroom and 2 seats to the aisle (vacant in the middle) cost a grand total of $785-08 return for 2

Compare that to about $1200 for MAS for 1

Thanks for the tip off HJ

Dave

Attachments

• KL4.JPG
    KL4.JPG
    36.5 KB · Views: 81
It was $750 return (the other jetting around once there was an extra $300 as per OP) for 2 people to KL from Melbourne -> taxes/fees only (including meal on the return trip and extra luggage capacity on return ;)), so it's obviously not free like the advertising might imply, but definitely a significant saving.

Thanks for the tip off HJ
No worries, it was too good a deal not to share around.

If anyone else is thinking about grabbing tickets, they will probably sell out (the fees/taxes only flights) very quickly if they haven't already.

He who hesistates is lost

He who hesistates is lost

Hobo-Jo

Not really, and after having a play with their website
I also believe that they are faulse advertising because they advertise zero $ airfares when they don't exist.

At the same time, they have all those other destinations shown on the main page and when I try to search for a destination it only gives me KL as the option. Flight times are also at weird times, one I found was at 2am out of Melb??

As others said tickets are cheaper than MAS and other airlines but
there is always a reason for the cheap airfares.
I'd rather pay extra and fly with an established airline.

IMHO

Hobo-Jo

Not really, and after having a play with their website
I also believe that they are faulse advertising because they advertise zero $ airfares when they don't exist.

Airfares are zero, just pay for taxes and it does state that

At the same time, they have all those other destinations shown on the main page and when I try to search for a destination it only gives me KL as the option. Flight times are also at weird times, one I found was at 2am out of Melb??

Once in KL we have plenty of options, all of Asia almost, with again free fares, just pay taxes, eg doing Phuket for $100 return and Kota Kinabalu for $50 return.

Flights for me leave at 7-30 am wheras last time I flew MAS it was midnight out from Bris. and a midnight arrival back in Brisbane VIA Sydney

As others said tickets are cheaper than MAS and other airlines but
there is always a reason for the cheap airfares.
I'd rather pay extra and fly with an established airline.

Fuel in Malaysia 1/3 of the price of Australia would be part of the reason.

Safety record is good, havent as many issues as Qantas have had recently.

Planes are probably full of passengers as well

But hey, not trying to convince anyone

Dave

Last edited:
Airfares are zero, just pay for taxes and it does state that

Dave
That's not true
Doing a search it will show the price for each 1 way trip and underneath in red it states
Fares shown DO NOT include taxes and fees

so the fares are not zero $ as advertised = false advertising

I don't disagree that they are cheap though but when they don't give you the option to search for another destination other than KL you can't compare flights to other Asian countries.

We have flown Air Asia (Coolangatta - KL - Phuket return) and were extremely happy with the value for money - the low cost terminal at KL is a bit inconvenient (although quite efficient) but there are plans to integrate it into the international terminal.

Their Asia network is quite extensive - in the end you pay for what you want as regards seating, food etc but we don't believe it's over expensive.

Living on the Gold Coast, the convenience of flying out of Coolangatta is sensational.

Paul

We have flown Air Asia (Coolangatta - KL - Phuket return) and were extremely happy with the value for money - the low cost terminal at KL is a bit inconvenient (although quite efficient) but there are plans to integrate it into the international terminal.
Can you expand on this at all?

We bought skybus tickets from KL Sentral to the terminal as part of the flights (think it was only as few dollars for each of us), will this make things easier?

so the fares are not zero $ as advertised
Some are, but I couldn't find any departing KL when I looked (perhaps because I looked too late).

However, when I tried Guangzhou to KL I found a $0 fare (only for that one-way leg though).

GP

Can you expand on this at all?

We bought skybus tickets from KL Sentral to the terminal as part of the flights (think it was only as few dollars for each of us), will this make things easier?

i think s/he is talking about the LCCT vs the KLIA. Air Asia use the LCCT.
I've flown Air Asia about 14 times in the last 2 years and have been happy with them. I believe they are the biggest buyers of the A320 and also have the youngest fleet in the world (average age of craft is 3 yrs). The staff are pretty hot too.

Don't worry if you miss out or the dates aren't suitable. They always have sales. Infact, they finished a sale the day before the new sale. The new sale is about $50 cheaper than the old sale.

We flew Air Asia in May and paid $1200 for 4 x return tickets + food + extra luggage. I think it was about $280p.p inc tax

I am looking forward to their KL to Stanstead route next year. You can get COO to KL $300 and KL to Lon $300 on special. That will really spiral their popularity with so many budget airlines in UK already and the british with their new passion for travelling...They will be able to access Asia for <200 pounds.

LCCT is crappy but the food there is better than KLIA. The Nasi Lemak is so good. It's very busy, a bit like Stanstead..just crazy with lost of flights departing and arriving.

Back