Airline inovative cash flow technique

I certainly won't be flying with them..... it doesn't matter how often i go to the loo before I get on the plane, I always seem to need to go as soon as we pull back from the gate.
And the taxi in Sydney airport takes so long, its torture!
I can't count all the times I had to talk the flight attendants into letting me run to the toilet while we were taxi-ing!

Pen

Haha, I think that is taking cost cutting a little too far, but it would suit me. I can't stand public toilets let alone aircraft toilets. I never use them!!! Although if I want a job as an airline pilot I better get over that phobia. :(

Biggles, are you training at the moment or otherwise involved in the industry?

As for the 'spending a penny' deal with RyanAir I can't help but think it's a bit much. Rather than encouraging people to go before they board, I see people crossing their legs and not drinking anything (there go the profits on the drinks they flog).

I have a big bladder and can hang on for ages but my little children couldn't and my husband would certainly not be able to. I guess most of the flights are fairly short, but there sure is something about the air-conditioning, sloshing tea and coffees and being a bit nervous, that can really make a person need a wee.

European flights are usually well under an hour.

RyanAir have 10 pound flights - real budget airline.

If their passengers can "go" before they leave then they can have less toilets per aircraft - less toilets = more seats.

I think it is a logical business decision.

If I pay less than $50 for a flight then I'd have no problem going before we go or spending a few bucks.

But the media portray it as simple greed.

Biggles, are you training at the moment or otherwise involved in the industry?

I completed my training (CPL & CIR) about two years ago but haven't got a job in the industry yet. Want to get ahead with investments first, I've already sacrificed about $80K getting it all. Not prepared to give up a well paid job for a $20-30K a year casual job and re-locate etc. To be honest, I'm getting more and more put off, seeing what friends are going through. The industry, particularly in GA is absolutely pathetic! Some real horrible operators out there. :( However, I have it all now, absolutely loved doing it and do plan to persue it as a career one day, just not yet. I love Melbourne and money too much to give it up to live poor in the desert with a bunch of 18 year boys. :D

Back