Aldi looking for sites

Dear guys,

There must be some of us out there with commercial sites that could benefit from Aldi's expansion which has recently been advertised.

BTW I have no relationship with Aldi or this offer.

Cheers,

Sunstone.

www.aldi.com.au

We are waiting to hear from you!
ALDI Australia has an ambitious investment programme for this country which builds on our successful international operation. Our simple, efficient and professional approach to business provides a refreshing change for everyone who comes into contact with us.

You can benefit from

A fast decision making process
Our 7 day response
Our proven ability to complete acquisitions at competitive prices
Our eagerness to create long term partnerships

The future is here - now

Over five decades ALDI has grown to be one of the world's leading retailers, particularly in Europe, but also in other parts of the world. This rapid but sound growth is the result of financial strength, operating efficiency and a bureaucracy-free style. These factors make ALDI an ideal partner to do business with.

What we are looking for

Locations attractive to ALDI idealy have an immediate catchment population in excess of 20,000 and should include:

Appropriate commercial zoning
Good access
At least 5500m2 (to accommodate a 1350m2 store and 80 car spaces) Although we prefer to purchase appropriately zoned freehold sites (either greenfield or developed). The company will also lease space in new or established shopping centres. Long-term ground lease is also of interest.

We require the following details in order to provide a guaranteed 7 day response to your enquiry:

Name of owner
Address and location plan
Site boundary plan and site area
A brief description of the site
Zoning details

Should you have any sites now or in the future that you feel may be suitable

New South Wales Regional Property Department - (02) 9675 9000.
Victorian Regional Property Department - (03) 8369 3000
Queensland Regional Property Department - (07) 3440 9000

Sunstone,
Thanks for the info on Aldi,
im told the people they employ have remarkable
clarity to see what is essential and what is not
in real estate,i guess there are only so many main
roads into brisbane..
good luck
willair..

willair said:
Sunstone,
Thanks for the info on Aldi,
im told the people they employ have remarkable
clarity to see what is essential and what is not
in real estate,i guess there are only so many main
roads into brisbane..
good luck
willair..

Interestingly I just found out that they are constructing an Aldi at Victoria Point, to go with the new K Mart etc they are building there.

What does this imply in regards to growth in the Southern Redland Bay area? I was thinking our place in Mout Cotton could not get much more growth, but maybe that is wrong!

Aldi are expanding into a very competitive market.

They need market share now.

I would not necessarily assume that because Aldi are opening in an area that that area is slated for growth.

They're currently building a store at 159 Central St Labrador on a site of 6,805 sqm which they paid $1.3m in September 2001.

They've also bought a 19ha site at Yatala opposite the CUB for $7.5m to house a distribution centre to service the planned stores in SE Qld and northern NSW.

Apparently they've also outlaid $7m on a 6,000 sqm property in Tweed Heads for a supermarket.

I can't wait to have some more competition in a market monopolised by Coles and Woolworths.

Saucy gibbon is right

Aldi may well be moving into areas based on existing no. of households or spending patterns.

And unfortunately, contradicting the Bunnings concept, established retailers tend to follow population rather than move into areas anticipating population growth.

I don't know of any major retailer who in their new store policy is prepared to open new stores in unproven (population hasn't grown yet but might) area. Generally they are highly risk adverse.

Cheers,

Aceyducey

Sunstone,
Aldi are also looking for,
Leasing new or exisiting space in shopping centres/min1300ms.
Existing retail premises/min1300ms.
mixed use developments/min 1300ms.
thier main preference is freehold sites for commercial development/6000ms/
either greenfield or developed with the appropriate zoning for retail development,just keep this in mind next time you go for a drive..
I dont work for this company in any way,but i do know that they have a
simple,efficient and professional approach to business,and a very fast
decision making process , they told me yesterday we have a eagerness to
create long term partnerships,and have an ambitious investment programme for Queensland..They never me any information on what areas in QLD are relevant,thats anyone guess.. Direct No ph/34409014...
good luck
willair..

Dear Willair,

Thanks for the further info. Remember reading it in one of their newspaper adverts but agree that your info opens up more opportunities.

Didn't catch you at last nights BIG meeting. Well, we'll get you along to another meeting yet. ;)

Cheers,

Sunstone.

This is from a consumer's point of view.

I have known Aldi since 1980, when I used to live in Cologne. They were very simple and cheap and provided some quite good quality stuff at reasonable prices.

I was very happy to have them here in Sydney and interestingly the large supermarket chains suddenly started to drop prices when Aldi appeared.

We used to be primarily Franklins customers and now we are spending around 70% at Aldi and the remaining 30% at Franklins.

So, personally I am very happy that they appeared on the market and pretty sure that Brisbane will also benefit from it.

Obviously their strategy is similar to Mc Donald that is they will be just as much in the real estate business as they are in the supermarket one.

The brothers who started up Aldi after the second world war are counted as in the top richest people on earth, (if my information is still correct)

Just my personal opinion.

Back