Altona Meadows Unit or Seabrook House?

I'm starting to look at areas for my next IP, not ready to buy yet, just starting my homework. I've liked for a little while now Altona Meadows but notice the prices in the last 6 months or so seem to be heading upwards. It wasn't that long ago I saw a reasonable looking 3 bedroom house in the nice (IMO - south of Central Avenue / Queen Street - please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still getting to know the area) for around $280K, now you're lucky to get a unit for that!

I'll be looking to spend about $330K which will probably only get me a nice unit in Altona Meadows now, but what are people's thoughts on Seabrook? Looks like might still be able to get houses there for around that price. I've done some reasearch on this forum and the comments back in 2007 were talking about how horrendous the traffic congestion is but some overpass was being put in? Has this gone ahead, or is the traffic still a huge problem?

Would you buy a 2 bedroom unit in Altona Meadows or a 3 bedroom house in Seabrook?

Thanks!

I'm starting to look at areas for my next IP, not ready to buy yet, just starting my homework. I've liked for a little while now Altona Meadows but notice the prices in the last 6 months or so seem to be heading upwards. It wasn't that long ago I saw a reasonable looking 3 bedroom house in the nice (IMO - south of Central Avenue / Queen Street - please correct me if I'm wrong, I'm still getting to know the area) for around $280K, now you're lucky to get a unit for that!

I'll be looking to spend about $330K which will probably only get me a nice unit in Altona Meadows now, but what are people's thoughts on Seabrook? Looks like might still be able to get houses there for around that price. I've done some reasearch on this forum and the comments back in 2007 were talking about how horrendous the traffic congestion is but some overpass was being put in? Has this gone ahead, or is the traffic still a huge problem?

Would you buy a 2 bedroom unit in Altona Meadows or a 3 bedroom house in Seabrook?

Thanks!

I think Altona Meadows has more amenities to offer a tenant than Seabrook. There are the shops, library, fast food at central square, train station very close by (zone 1) with buses, access to the freeway, and Altona beach just a 2 minute drive away.

I have an IP here, have had the same tenant ever since buying the house 5 yrs ago. I'd happily buy another in the area.

If I was buying a unit though, I'd check out the rental demand for units as there are a lot in the area. Perhaps try a local real estate agent for some ideas on this.

Regards Jason.

Back