Am I stupid-Burnie tasmania??

Hi, I was the original poster and yes we did move. We decided to keep our house in Adelaide in case we hated tassie, and instead bought a house in Burnie for $435k, quit two good jobs and started the B&B from scratch. Burnie is not a well known tourist destination, however we built a strong client base from the professionals who visited the Uni and hospital. Our turnover was excellent and increased in the 3 years we ran the business. Employment was easy to find and both my husband and I worked as well as running the business. We sold the house for $450k so while we made no profit, neither did we make a loss. We moved back to the 'mainland' for family/health reasons, but I still miss Burnie - the scenery/people/fresh produce and a little further along the coast Anvers chocolates. We have no regrets and who knows may move back in retirement.

thanks for coming back to update the thread. I'm glad it was a good experience. Shame you didn't get more CG, but you had a good experience nonetheless.

Back