AMP turn aroud times

Right now the worst I'm seeing is 5 days. We've had a number of applications assessed within 24 hours although a few lenders have had their time frames blown out a little (CBA is running a bit slow right now).

I've found AMP pretty slow also but at least my BDM is on the front foot about it and even calling me each step of the way (a little overkill IMO).

Off the AMP topic a little but how many here use Firstmac? I've found them lately to be a bit of a pain with it being a waste of time giving them any submission summaries let alone supporting docs as nobody seems to read a thing in there.

I liked that period in 2009. I just told people I would have an answer in a month, and no one blinked. It was great, but then I was dealing with H&L plan of sub, not short settlements.

Maybe Im remebering how great it was because lenders were still doing fairly high LVRs non genuine savings, and FHB's got $32,000 to build.....

Those were the days.

I remember that. Buy a house and land package, no money down, government gives so many grants and banks willing to lend up to 100% of the property value.

My the time people move in, they've even got $10k in their pocket for a furniture package.

I don't believe I've every had a client default (more than 30 days) on their mortgage, but is it any wonder why a year or two later we started seeing the 'mortgage stress' articles in the paper focused on the satellite suburbs?

Indeed, it was a glitch in the system a lot of people fell through. Interest rates also were reduced by some crazy amount, and the tail end of workchoices, individual agreements meant casual/contract income was DE rigour.

On another matter, does anyone have a Homeloans LTD discharge by chance? I dont do a great deal of refinancing, and my clients are being told they have to wait for a special posted copy....

Off the AMP topic a little but how many here use Firstmac? I've found them lately to be a bit of a pain with it being a waste of time giving them any submission summaries let alone supporting docs as nobody seems to read a thing in there.

perhaps too busy cannibalising their own business ?

ta
rolf

I've found AMP pretty slow also but at least my BDM is on the front foot about it and even calling me each step of the way (a little overkill IMO).

we've got a few in with Firstmac. I wont say I'm rapt with them.

Finding that we have to continually keep going back. One deal we have had to get redocumented three times for the letter of offer as the fee structure is different than their marketing material & bdm advice. Its like - no mate nil fee to vary account limits doesnt mean 260 or 300 in a separate clause... no solicitors fees under your promo doesnt mean 350 in solicitors fees in your letter of offer. And no I dont want a fourth letter of offer.

I'm seriously considering pulling the lot and going somewhere else with them.

Dont get me started with the dragon. I'd love to redo my bdm survey.

Maybe its me but a lot of the BDMs just seem to be treading water and waiting for some magical new opportunity to come along.

But the execs in the little guys wonder why the big 4 are getting so much volume...

Dont get me started with the dragon. I'd love to redo my bdm survey.

My number one BDM was with the dragon but he has jumped ship to Connective as a BDM and loving it. He has his own office with a leather couch, remote control helicopter and beers in the fridge :D

It sounds like a tough gig for a BDM at the dragon form what he told me.

It sounds like a tough gig for a BDM at the dragon form what he told me.
It's what I've been told too - but I must admit, my STG BDM is one of the best to deal with from my panel of lenders. Very responsive and knowledgeable.

Cheers

Jamie

It's what I've been told too - but I must admit, my STG BDM is one of the best to deal with from my panel of lenders. Very responsive and knowledgeable.

Cheers

Jamie

Meanwhile mine is nigh on impossible to get in contact with.

I've got a great NAB BDM though. :)

I have a few AMP deals in the pipeline all with LMI...took around 5-6 days to turn around, a bit slower than expected BUT given their sharp rate it's not to bad...One assessor even gave me his mobile number as he was working from home?? was def impressed. :p

Talking about slow turn around times - Bankwest and St George...Min 2 weeks OMG :eek:

Back