Analysing portfolios and multiples

W

WebBoard

Hi Ian and post members
I purchased PIA late last year and found getting to the bottom line result a very useful feature for analysing prospective properties. It has worked best for analysing single properties. However, I am having trouble working out the portfolio function.

It seems that I cannot get a detailed analysis report when I use the portfolio function. I only seem to be able to print a two page report which gives me a summary table and the 40 year projections. Is there a way to get a detailed report when using the portfolio function (and also the graphics?)

Secondly, when analysing multiple purchases, is it possible to modify data (eg different rents for the same style of property) after you have generated the report?

Thanks for your feedback
Rich

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Analysing the cash flows from a collection of properties purchased in different years using different loan types, depreciation schedules, etc. is one of the more complicated aspects of property investment analysis. PIA makes it quick and easy (once you have mastered it), but it is somewhat limited in what is possible. The report that you can produce is simply a detailed analysis of the combined cash flows from some synchronised point in time with tax benefits derived from a specified taxable income from that point forward.

To get a detailed report on each property is easy (just load the files individually and generate the report), but there is no facility for a combined detailed report, as much of the detail relates to the first year of each investment (and of course, in general, not all properties were purchased in the one year).

It is possible to add graphics to the report and this may be done in the next release.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back